The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

What grade does Obama deserve for his first hundred days in office??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...8 9 10
WildFire On August 07, 2009

Banned

S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters,
#136New Post! May 04, 2009 @ 19:19:04
i gave him a B he is doing the best he can with what he has
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#137New Post! May 04, 2009 @ 19:21:12
same here.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#138New Post! May 05, 2009 @ 01:57:46
@The_Astronomer Said

Well one link was about gun guntrol and how the US don't seem to know where most of the illegal guns are coming from. Many liberals like to widen the issue in an argument; distracting with other related issues instead of each one in turn.

Obama has this image-and the parallel with Tony Blair back in '97 is striking (they even have a similar grin)-of being there to fix everything. The hatred for Bush fed this and the euphoria of having someone new and nice came across this way.

I notice it every time the US particularly, has a new president. All the flag waving and the fanfare. It's as daft and as pointless as celebrating a new year number every 1st January.

Like a wedding where we're all over-excited; after a few months it all turns sour when it turns out they can't do what they said they would. I've yet to see this with Obama but his policies will bring resentment because they don't make sense.

Seeing his big grin on the cover of all the magazines cultivates this Messiah thing. He promised change change change as if it were an antidote to Bush; as if he had the magical power to fix it all. Maybe alot is due to the media exposure, and if it is, what candidate wouldn't gobble it up?

That's the way I see it anyway.

I'm sorry, I don't feel that I was widening the issue, and I do feel that I was handling each issue in turn.

The topic of the links are actually of very little conciquence, as they were there to prove that there weren't only great things being said about Obama on that particular website, in an attempt to dispell any accustions being made of Obama paying them off.

I will give you that he has an extremely charismatic smile and vibe to him, but I also felt that although Bush was a bit questionalbe, he also had a very charismatic feel about him too. The only presidents since JFK to not be charismatic were LBJ, Nixon and Ford. Quite often chrarisma plays a role in politics.

As far as the media protrays him, yeah, I'll give you that they are trying to give him a bit of a messiah thing, but the same was true for Bush in the primarily conservative media of Bush. You just have to look past that in a level headed manor. I personally have a massive hatred for most of the media out there.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...8 9 10

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs