The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Parenting

Madlyn Primoff: When has it become wrong to discipline your child?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#3New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 10:06:44
My mom threatened to make me get out of the car several times. I never found out if she would actually do it because I would always do what she said after that.
lisajones On December 31, 2009

Woodbridge, Virginia
#5New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 10:11:24
I can understand the mom's frustration, but the safety of her children should have come to mind. It might have been a one-time mistake for her, but I would recommend parenting classes. I would suggest family counseling so they could communicate better.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#6New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 10:12:13
@chisa96 Said

they were 3 miles from home... thats hardly stranded... i used to walk that far just to get home from school if i didnt want to ride the bus... and that was when i was younger than 10...

Yeah well different world back then. 3 miles is a long way. I would have trouble walking 3 miles due to my knees.
You do NOT strand a child because they piss you off.
When you get home, ground them or whatever, but DO NOT leave them by themselves.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#7New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 10:17:32
@plebian_angel Said

Yeah well different world back then. 3 miles is a long way. I would have trouble walking 3 miles due to my knees.
You do NOT strand a child because they piss you off.
When you get home, ground them or whatever, but DO NOT leave them by themselves.

my sisters kid does the same in today's world... hopefully the kids dont have knee issues, but its not like she ditched the kids in the middle of the desert, or in the slums at night... 'stranded' is too strong of a word for making your kids walk 3 miles... by 10 they should be able to handle that... it may not be the best form of punishment by a long shot, but its not abusively neglectful...
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#8New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 10:25:01
Alot can happen in 3 miles, and even in WI we have pedos just waiting for a chance to grab kids
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#9New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 17:30:05
@plebian_angel Said

Alot can happen in 3 miles, and even in WI we have pedos just waiting for a chance to grab kids

you're right... its a dangerous world... but that doesnt mean that we can put our children in protective bubbles and never let them out of our sight... we have to let them out into that dangerous world or we are going to start seriously stunting their development and denying them valuable learning experiences...

its crazy to me that it shocks the world that a mother made her 10-yr-old walk home from a few miles away... granted, it was probably a really crappy walk for the kid and the mother could have found a gentler way to punish, but we dont always have to have our protective gloves on when interacting with our children...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs