Devizes, United Kingdom
#108New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 10:51:20
i like this.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#109New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 14:04:04
@sirkewl Said

Notice how a university says that spontaneous generation of cells do not occur, so cells just don't happen because millions of years made them to be replicating cells.

Spontanaeous Generation is an out-dated concept which states that some life forms basically appear out of thin air rather than reproduction. It has nothing to do with the theory of evolution; it was the dominant theory until around the 1800s that explained where certain animals and plants come from (scientists hadn't studied reproduction in any great detail at the time).

The first cell is presumed to have formed by a natural process and then started to reproduce, beginning the evolution of life on Earth. Exactly how a cell formed is still debated, but the first cell was probably much simpler than modern single-celled organisms, utilising RNA rather than DNA for heredity.
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#110New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 14:10:34
@sirkewl Said
And that is one of the reasons why belief in God will never disappear, and why people will always disagree with each other on the genesis of life, because nobody has every produced a fully functional cell through non-biological atoms in a lab

In principle, it is already known how to create living cells in a lab, but has not yet been practically achieved except in computer models. Creating "life" is a simple matter of making something which reproduces and inherits traits; like I said, this has been done extensively in computer modelling. Humans have already created life, if only as a virtual representation rather than a physical object. There is a project which is attempting to make living cells using RNA and lipid-based cell capsules: New Scientist.com
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#111New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 21:06:50
@sirkewl Said

I have a question just for Atheists.

Atheists, you say that science is on your side, because you can't observe God, and the theory that the first cell(s) were formed after millions of years of random occurance that allowed DNA to form, ect, ect, ect.

You see, I want to shed my belief in God, because I love living in truth. I want to understand the truth of everything as much as my mind can allow. But the thing is, how can the first cell just happen if all cells come from pre-existing cells - which is one of the laws of cell theory.

Notice how a university says that spontaneous generation of cells do not occur, so cells just don't happen because millions of years made them to be replicating cells.

So the question now is, how did the first cell on earth happen, or if you e.t. believers out there, how did the first cell in the universe happen?

If all cells come from pre-existing cells, the first cell can be no different. The first cell ever to form has to be made by another living entity made up of cells, or it violates cell theory.

How can this be, since there were no cells in time before the first cell. Here's where we get into quantom physics, and the nature of the Big Bang. We know from the Big Bang Theory that the universe was created by an uncaused cause that exists outside of space-time.

So, the uncaused cause of the Big Bang must also be the uncaused cause of the first cell as well, as no cell in the universe can be created from spontaneous generation, but through pre-existing cells. Therefore the uncaused cause of the Big Bang is also a living entity, and therefore we can say, it is not a thing, but a person, a living entity.

So, at least I can sit back and say, well my idea that there is a God (a living creature) that created life, my theory doesn't violate cell theory.

However, the idea that life can from spontaneously from non-organic matter does, as cells don't spontaneously occur, and all cells come from pre-existing cells. . . Next thing I'm going to hear from you guys is that the world and life was created in fire or ice or numerous other non-scientific things!

I could go alomg with most, ut not the "Bg Bang. I like the "energy therory. However-->

OUT OF THE WASH
RELIG0N6 ) 12-11-88
BELLIEVER? ATHIEST? AGNOSTIC?
I agree with the atheist and the agnostic when they say
that there was no GOD and that there may not be a GOD. I also
agree with the Christians, Jews, Moslems, and others in their
basic belief that there is a GOD. And both are absolutely
right in the context of their inability to view humanity as a
continually evolving species.
There is no reason to deny Darwins "theory of
evolution" and there is no reason why we should not believe
in the existence of a universal super entity uniting all life
which was EVOLVING to the next level.
So life began with the formation of organic material,
which instinctively clung to life by adapting to changing
environments and progressively became more complex over
several tens of millions years to configure as humans such as
we.
Then ten or twenty thousands (maybe hundreds of
thousands) years ago an event occurred which added an unique
"quality" to the life of one or more humans- not physically
or mentally- but spiritually. I call it the "light of life".
An energy force uniting the life lines of the living progeny
to everlasting life after the carrier perishes..
EVOLUTON! It is not the last!
WASH
XXXArlow On November 17, 2009

Newmarket, United Kingdom
#112New Post! Aug 11, 2009 @ 14:47:37
TC, you have put all your faith into ONE Being, in which you dismiss his origins.

Atheists place there faith into the INFINITE(-1) number of particles in the Universe. The odds appear to be in our favor .

At least atheists are making the effort to understand what happened.....you're just sitting there smugly ignoring the question (because "he" told you to).
Luuccyy On September 13, 2009

Devizes, United Kingdom
#113New Post! Aug 11, 2009 @ 21:43:37
You say that a God may have created the first cells, but I see a major flaw in this theory.
You implicate God is a living creature, but all living creatures require cells; having cells is pretty much what defines a living being.

I think that the most logical explaination is there is none; or, at least, not yet. Or, perhaps there never be one; perhaps the cause of the universe is simply something oustside the realms of human comprehention.