Another "Control your child!" rant....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#1New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:10:42
This came to mind after seeing a parenting thread just a moment ago.
Today, at the mall, I saw this adorable little girl, about 4 or 5 years old. She was holding a large blowup hammer type thing, probably from the circus outside, and occasionally would swing it around and make it squeak. Think gigantic dog toy I didn't think much of it at the time, though.

Later(by about 5 minutes) in the food court, I was waiting in line for food and I heard that same squeaking, only this time it was over and over and over again. It was loud enough to be heard across the food court, too. It went on for several minutes before stopping and I had to wonder, why the heck did the woman she's with take so long to ask her to stop or something? It's bloody annoying!

Honestly, I don't see why people don't see that their kids are annoying other people. I nearly ran over a few in JC Penney this afternoon as well, they were running through the clothes racks and not one of them was over 3 feet, it seemed. I'd have crushed one little bugger, had he not been so lucky
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#2New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:12:27
Ugh! I don't like it when parents don't discipline their children. It's really annoying and it's not the child's fault at all.
clinically crackers

#3New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:14:57
@xnuvax Said

Ugh! I don't like it when parents don't discipline their children. It's really annoying and it's not the child's fault at all.

Yeah, I don't blame the girl at all, she was just having fun, but she needed to be let know that other people would really appreciate it if she'd have fun at home, or something. I bet her mom wouldn't like it if she'd done that at home constantly
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#4New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:16:50
@eternus_somnium Said

Yeah, I don't blame the girl at all, she was just having fun, but she needed to be let know that other people would really appreciate it if she'd have fun at home, or something. I bet her mom wouldn't like it if she'd done that at home constantly

I totally agree. My cousins are so bloody indisciplined and the parents don't say a word. They are practically trashing our house, and saying rude things, and they are completely disrespectful and the parents don't say a word. Eventually I have to go and say something out loud...I feel bad, but there's no other way to make them stop. It's irritating.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:17:08
Not to say that I don't think kids should be disciplined but she was out with her mum. She was probably still excited from the circus and was having fun. It was just a squeaky hammer in the food court in the daytime.

The kids running through the clothes rack I can understand you being annoyed at. That's just dangerous and what if one went missing.
clinically crackers

#6New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:19:13
@xnuvax Said

I totally agree. My cousins are so bloody indisciplined and the parents don't say a word. They are practically trashing our house, and saying rude things, and they are completely disrespectful and the parents don't say a word. Eventually I have to go and say something out loud...I feel bad, but there's no other way to make them stop. It's irritating.

My cousins are the same. My aunt lets her grandkids get away with murder, I tell you. You can tell Maddie not to do it, and she'll act like she is to mess with you. Or if it's not to touch something, she'll reach out and hold her finger maybe a centimeter away.

Maddie's the naturally devilishly tempered one, while Allie follows the rules very well.
clinically crackers

#7New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:21:00
@angelcake Said

Not to say that I don't think kids should be disciplined but she was out with her mum. She was probably still excited from the circus and was having fun. It was just a squeaky hammer in the food court in the daytime.

The kids running through the clothes rack I can understand you being annoyed at. That's just dangerous and what if one went missing.

I can understand that, but only to an extent. Not for 3-4 minutes continuously.
vekta On November 18, 2013

#8New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:23:19
My sister's faience has a son that's undisciplined.

He brought the son with him once to the states. Hey he didn't last long in our house. The kid walked up behind me and smacked me in the back of the head. When I turned around he had the balls to stand there smiling about it.

I grabbed him by the back of the shirt collar, threw him over my should and threw'm in the room his father was staying in and slammed the door.

Guess he got the point because he didn't come back out.

his grandma looked at me and went after I threw'm in there.
Say whaaa

#9New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:24:06
@eternus_somnium Said

I can understand that, but only to an extent. Not for 3-4 minutes continuously.

3 - 4 minutes isn't that long really. I quite honestly wouldn't tell my child off for playing in a food court with an inflatable toy (as long as they weren't going round hitting strangers with it). I just don't see it as that annoying I guess, I'd be more pissed off about the people that constantly have their phones ringing/talking on their phone/swearing loudly continuously.
clinically crackers

#10New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:27:22
@angelcake Said

3 - 4 minutes isn't that long really. I quite honestly wouldn't tell my child off for playing in a food court with an inflatable toy (as long as they weren't going round hitting strangers with it). I just don't see it as that annoying I guess, I'd be more pissed off about the people that constantly have their phones ringing/talking on their phone/swearing loudly continuously.

Hm. Maybe I'm used to swearing and stuff because I do so a lot (though it does bother me when people start cussing others out in public) but I'm annoyed be squeaky noises because it's what my dog does all the time. He hides with those stupid toys and we can't figure out where he is Also, squeaks just annoys me, no matter what makes them.
Say whaaa

#11New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 07:30:30
@eternus_somnium Said

Hm. Maybe I'm used to swearing and stuff because I do so a lot (though it does bother me when people start cussing others out in public) but I'm annoyed be squeaky noises because it's what my dog does all the time. He hides with those stupid toys and we can't figure out where he is Also, squeaks just annoys me, no matter what makes them.

Different things annoy different people. I wouldn't discipline my child for playing during the day unless he/she was going up to people but if she was playing with me or our family members. I don't think it's a case of them being undisciplined, they are just being a child and why should the parents stop them from being a normal child.

The ones running through the clothes I completely understand. It's dangerous, disruptive for staff and unacceptable behaviour.
flange666 On May 02, 2012

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 09:17:01
I usually get the ones who scream at the top of their lungs over and over while their parents ignore them.

Ok yeah sometimes ignoring an attention seeking child is the best thing to do but not when your in a packed supermarket for a fricking hour.

I'm always tempted to grab a banana n stick it in their gobs.
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 09:19:48
@flange666 Said

I usually get the ones who scream at the top of their lungs over and over while their parents ignore them.

Ok yeah sometimes ignoring an attention seeking child is the best thing to do but not when your in a packed supermarket for a fricking hour.

I'm always tempted to grab a banana n stick it in their gobs.

Hahahaha last night in the supermarket I said "if that kid doesn't stop f***ing screaming I'm going to shove a pineapple up his arse sideways"

I hate screaming kids with a raging passion
flange666 On May 02, 2012

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 09:26:36
@x_Laura_x Said

Hahahaha last night in the supermarket I said "if that kid doesn't stop f***ing screaming I'm going to shove a pineapple up his arse sideways"

I hate screaming kids with a raging passion

My kids never acted up in the shops. They wouldn't dare.

We used to play games going round the shops so they never got chance and if that failed then a bag of choccy buttons works a treat
magical_fox On November 19, 2009

Trumpton, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 09:32:05
Kids act up in supermarkets because they're bored. They really don't want to be there.
How they react depends on the parent, if they can distract them, or if they are the bordering on child abuse kind who knock them senseless.

You don't like screaming kids, well I agree. I though don't like unfit parents who scream at a bored kid and as I've witnessed more than often, some fat tracksuited scummy chav mother punching their kids, sometimes only toddlers.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs