AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#16New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:28:45
@jonnythan Said

Then, if anything, your experience is that good parenting prevents this sort of obscene behavior in teens.

Nope! I'm saying that it doesn't matter if you are doing the best you can, they will do what they will when you're not there and you can't prevent it....
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#17New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:30:26
@Dark_Tink Said

I was referring to the parents that are mouthy themselves and think "Why does my kid talk & act that way, they know better" I know that we can't expect our kids to be constantly polite in public all the time...a lot succome to "peer pressure". Heck, even as adults we have our own moments in public.

That is very true!!!! But of course not I..
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#18New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:33:03
@Wingsy Said

I behaved myself whether my parents were around or not...my sister got in trouble one too many times because my parents know everybody on the planet it seems!

Same here. To this day, I sometimes get looks from those older then me (50+) when I hold doors open, or tell my kids to wait and let others less mobile to pass by. Sadly too many people, regardless of age are not respectful to seniors.

@Wingsy Said

I don't think the blame for children/teenagers acting like fools always falls on the parents shoulders. There are plenty of kids who come from good homes with parents who attempt to teach them manners, and right from wrong and for whatever reason, it doesn't take. But when I see kids acting like punks and their parents sitting their watching it and doing nothing about it, I'm blaming bad parenting every time

So very true
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#19New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:37:36
@Wingsy Said

I behaved myself whether my parents were around or not...my sister got in trouble one too many times because my parents know everybody on the planet it seems! She got in trouble for things she thought they'd never possibly find out about!

I don't think the blame for children/teenagers acting like fools always falls on the parents shoulders. There are plenty of kids who come from good homes with parents who attempt to teach them manners, and right from wrong and for whatever reason, it doesn't take. But when I see kids acting like punks and their parents sitting their watching it and doing nothing about it, I'm blaming bad parenting every time

@Dark_Tink Said

Same here. To this day, I sometimes get looks from those older then me (50+) when I hold doors open, or tell my kids to wait and let others less mobile to pass by. Sadly too many people, regardless of age are not respectful to seniors.

So very true

I know the types of parents you're talking about. I've had many run ins with quite a few of them...
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#20New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:38:22
@Dark_Tink Said

My mom and I were at Wal-Mart a few years ago (I was 18 or 19 at the time) and there was an older gentleman struggling with the tailgate of his pickup truck. I walked over, took his arm and said "would you like some help?" He gratefully accepted, let me help him open the tailgate and help him to get up to sit on it. He was waiting for his wife, who was still in the store to come out. She had the keys to the truck. My mom offered to page her so that she could get the keys for him so he could sit inside the truck but he declined and told he was fine. He told my mom that he appreciated having a young person offer to help without any prompting from my mom. My mom had no idea what I was doing when I left our car.

I'm like you. I hold doors for people. I say please and thank you. I call people Mr., Mrs., and Miss unless and until I'm told otherwise. That's the way my parents taught me. And I'll probably be this way until I die
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#21New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:41:06
@Wingsy Said

My mom and I were at Wal-Mart a few years ago (I was 18 or 19 at the time) and there was an older gentleman struggling with the tailgate of his pickup truck. I walked over, took his arm and said "would you like some help?" He gratefully accepted, let me help him open the tailgate and help him to get up to sit on it. He was waiting for his wife, who was still in the store to come out. She had the keys to the truck. My mom offered to page her so that she could get the keys for him so he could sit inside the truck but he declined and told he was fine. He told my mom that he appreciated having a young person offer to help without any prompting from my mom. My mom had no idea what I was doing when I left our car.

I'm like you. I hold doors for people. I say please and thank you. I call people Mr., Mrs., and Miss unless and until I'm told otherwise. That's the way my parents taught me. And I'll probably be this way until I die

I tried to help an older lady across the street on time because she was walking slow and I worked in a Nursing Home so I automatically offered to help. She hit me with her purse and called me a "THIEF".
myk1992 On August 01, 2011

Deleted

Tired out shack :), United Kin
#22New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:48:45
Sorry about the two topics my computer froze up on me whilst doing this one, so refreshed it, I have tried to get the other one taken down.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#23New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:49:47
No worries, Myk. With any luck, the two will be merged and all of the replies will just be in one place. If not, one will be locked and we'll all just live happily on the other
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#24New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:50:38
@lilbear Said

I tried to help an older lady across the street on time because she was walking slow and I worked in a Nursing Home so I automatically offered to help. She hit me with her purse and called me a "THIEF".

WOW

Don't mean to laugh, but picturing it is funny, sad that she thought you were going to rob her, but funny.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 16:14:29
I've noticed it lately too. I know when I was 11 and 12 I would be terrified of the older teenagers, but now they're all so mouthy and aggressive for no reason. Obviously it's not everyone, just the minority giving the rest of them a bad name so to speak.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#27New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 20:42:15
@Dark_Tink Said

WOW

Don't mean to laugh, but picturing it is funny, sad that she thought you were going to rob her, but funny.

It's ok!! I laughed after my initial embarrassment went away..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs