The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Will modern religions become future mythology?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
cobra3 On April 17, 2009

Banned

Emporia, Kansas
#16New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 02:24:50
@2nd_Evil_Head Said

I wouldn't be suprised if "The Force" morphed into a belief system.

It is with some younger folks.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#17New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 12:12:12
@2nd_Evil_Head Said

I wouldn't be suprised if "The Force" morphed into a belief system.

Meh,
Its got just as much evidence behind it
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#18New Post! Apr 22, 2009 @ 03:53:03
@windstorm Said

Just a passing thought. If you take a look back in history, you will notice that what we consider to be mythology today were once widely held belief systems in the past. Take Zeus and Thor for example, people actually believed them to be living gods in those times, but now they have been reduced to the status of "myth". Religion in general will always be here in some form or another of course, but it seems as though this transformation as listed above is an occuring pattern with almost all of them. So my point is, could modern religions that we know of today be considered mythology in the future?

There is meat to your myth. Note below'
King James version.
Genesis 6, Verse 1,2,4.
1, And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair: and they took them wives of all which they chose. 4, There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of man and they bore children unto them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Did God have sons? Were these sons Gods in their own right? Were there giants on the earth in those days? Could there be some truth in Greek and Norse mythology? Could the geniuses of yesterday and today be from the recessive genetic offspring of the sons of God of the distant past
cjm31 On July 05, 2012

Jerusalem, Israel
#19New Post! Apr 22, 2009 @ 04:38:52
Religion proceeded mythology
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#20New Post! Apr 23, 2009 @ 16:24:10
@cobra3 Said

Not quite right. Just as with Judaism, there was an exoteric view that saw things as literally true and an esoteric view that took things to be allegorically representative. You see, what was a system of cosmological algebra to a rabbinical scholar was already legend to the rabbis and then taken literally by the masses they represented before we were even here to butcher the legend by taking it literally wrong and giving birth to a bastard legend...uh?once removed.

Even the Bible mentions the existance of grek gods. At least "men of renown

Genesis 6, Verse 1,2,4.
1, And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair: and they took them wives of all which they chose. 4, There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of man and they bore children unto them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Did God have sons? Were these sons Gods in their own right? Were there giants on the earth in those days? Could there be some truth in Greek and Norse mythology? Could the geniuses of yesterday and today be from the recessive genetic offspring of the sons of God of the distant past?
Mythology reborn?
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#21New Post! Apr 25, 2009 @ 04:47:47
Ah. I never thought of it that way. Yeah, in that case they would become myths. Yay
Iguana On May 11, 2009

#22New Post! May 11, 2009 @ 21:20:16
As long as man looks beyond himself for spiritual answers they will follow and even die in extreme cases for some absurd idea created by someone else. As long we look to others for answers we will be followers of something in some form. I am joining the growing fan club of H Aitoro's Inspirational/Esoteric/Motivational poems and course which i think are real gems and almost worthy of religious following. Maybe his words of wisdom will achieve cult status and he will be the new prophet of inspiration and self help! I don't think he would like that idea somehow but nice thought! To the new religions of the self that each individual creates as mentioned in the poem how to love yourself
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#23New Post! May 11, 2009 @ 21:25:56
A bloke appears on earth. He brings joy whilst he is here, and has millions of followers. He dies....but many believe he hasn't really, and those who believe in him, have seen him.

There is already a church of Elvis though isn't there
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs