Body Art

Hebrew Translations

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
MyMayBabies On October 23, 2009

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 12:53:33
hi, i have 100% fully made my mind up that i am going to have my kids names tatooed on the inside of my wrists- Jessica on the right and Liam on the left.
does anyone know any good websites where i can get the hebrew translations of jessica and liam?? ideally i dont want to pay but i would prefer to pay and get the right translation!!!! thanks x
karljkampovsky On May 13, 2009

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#2New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 13:01:56
Those are not Hebrew names therefore there is no change! Or do you merely want them in Hebrew letters? If that is the case any good dictionary will have the Hebrew alphabet,you could transcribe it your self! Jewish people have a Religious prohibition against tattooing,so Jewish tattoo artists will be hard to find!

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 13:08:55
@karljkampovsky Said

Those are not Hebrew names therefore there is no change! Or do you merely want them in Hebrew letters? If that is the case any good dictionary will have the Hebrew alphabet,you could transcribe it your self! Jewish people have a Religious prohibition against tattooing,so Jewish tattoo artists will be hard to find!

ohhhh i thought jessica was a jewish name???? probably because she was shylock the jew's daughter in that shakespeare play???? i am really dumb
i think i will just go for the letters- and i didnt know that about jewish being agasint tatooing- thank you for info....kudo to you x

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#4New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 13:26:11
@MyMayBabies Said

ohhhh i thought jessica was a jewish name???? probably because she was shylock the jew's daughter in that shakespeare play???? i am really dumb
i think i will just go for the letters- and i didnt know that about jewish being agasint tatooing- thank you for info....kudo to you x

I would put it in aplace it can not be easily seen! Jewish people would be offended,not only because of the religlious restriction but also because the nazis tattooed prisoner #s on the forearms of concentration camp victims!

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 13:33:44
@karljkampovsky Said

I would put it in aplace it can not be easily seen! Jewish people would be offended,not only because of the religlious restriction but also because the nazis tattooed prisoner #s on the forearms of concentration camp victims!

did they? i didnt know that- i can understand why they would be offended!
i really want them on my wrists as it is a vunerable place on your body and it is quite symbolic
capt_rojea On May 11, 2009

Deleted

Twp of Orangeville,
#6New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 13:35:08
Whats a Hebrew? Is that a man who mastered the art of making coffee?
try to dogpile hebrew name for **** (kids names)

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#7New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 13:41:11
@MyMayBabies Said

did they? i didnt know that- i can understand why they would be offended!
i really want them on my wrists as it is a vunerable place on your body and it is quite symbolic

Wrists not good! Why don't you use the Greek alphabet,unrestricted,unreadable to non Greeks as well!

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 13:46:47
@karljkampovsky Said

Wrists not good! Why don't you use the Greek alphabet,unrestricted,unreadable to non Greeks as well!

do you think having tats on my wrists would prevent me from getting a job as midwife? i mean chances are i will have jewish patients?????

i will look into the greek alphabet.....although the tats will be very small and just black ink and no pics or anything

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 13:49:22
@capt_rojea Said

Whats a Hebrew? Is that a man who mastered the art of making coffee?
try to dogpile hebrew name for **** (kids names)

whats a 'dogpile'????

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#10New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 14:01:14
The nazis did tiny numbers as well you can't win with the Hebrew alphabet.Unless in an inconspicuous spot!

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 14:04:08
@karljkampovsky Said

The nazis did tiny numbers as well you can't win with the Hebrew alphabet.Unless in an inconspicuous spot!

okay i think i am going to look for different fonts/ languages!!!
i take it you are jewish? do you think jewish patirents would be offended by tats?? espically on wrists??

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#12New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 14:10:33
Jewish people are totally commited to their Talmudic laws!
I worked for an Orthodox Jewish boss when I lived In NYC!
You should have seen the face he made,when he was making a deli run and asked if I wanted something,I said I did I wanted a corned beef sandwich and a carton of milk!
They had been assuming that I was Jewish because of my east european surname! I carefully ate the sandwich and saved the milk! Jewish people have a word they apply to anything that violates their gustatory laws it is TRAIF!

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#13New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 14:12:36
No I am a GOY!
evababy1 On July 29, 2010
Speechless

lodi, New Jersey
#14New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 15:08:08
I'm Jewish, as is my mother. She does not approve of tattoos and was really mad when me and my brother got one. She said now we can't be buried in a Jewish cemetary with the rest of our family. Some Jews do take it offensive, but it depends how religious they are. If my mother was really religious, I don't think I would have done it. She was just thinking more about her parents and what they'd have said. But the religious ones, they would take offense. I don't think you should get it in hebrew.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs