Random

Children aren't children anymore.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#1New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 10:57:08
You know there's a problem when your 5 year old cousin advises you to rethink that cake you were about to eat because it will make you fat.

I have a very annoying cousin who won't stop giving me lectures on what NOT to eat. I really don't know what to say to her. I don't understand how people that young could even have their minds set on such matters. When I was 5 I was picking out cicada shells from trees. This need to be slender hit me at about 13.

The family come over for lunch and dinner ALL the time. And every single time, she causes a drama about certain foods and how it will make her fat. If she spots an overweight person on the street, she whispers "omg the fat lady needs to stop eating mcdonalds." She's bloody 5! How does she even know how to think or speak like that? I'm sure she doesn't read magazines. Perhaps peer influence and video clips?

If they come over I always have a bag of lollies for the kids...but no she won't touch them. If I give her one, she just throws it in the bin.

Seems to me like kids are not even kids anymore. It's horrible, because I would love to go back to my childhood and be so carefree like I was. But that doesn't apply to kids nowadays.
MyMayBabies On October 23, 2009

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 11:20:23
Wow thats awful....i think kids are way to old for their age nowadays. i think media has had an effect on your cousin but also does her mother diet or have weight issues? a lot of young girls learn obession with weight and calorie counting by watching and listening to their mothers. My dumb a** sister in law once took my 5 year old cousin along with her to her weight***chers meeting!!! i mean please!!!! i do diets but i make sure my daughter doesnt see and i dont talk about my issues with my body infront of her...and i NEVER EVER make comments about peoples weight infront of my child. Children are born blind to such things as weight and money and hopefully i can keep her like that for a fair few years to come. BUt i feel for your cousin she has years and years to think about all that stuff.....
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#3New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 11:24:49
@MyMayBabies Said

Wow thats awful....i think kids are way to old for their age nowadays. i think media has had an effect on your cousin but also does her mother diet or have weight issues? a lot of young girls learn obession with weight and calorie counting by watching and listening to their mothers. My dumb a** sister in law once took my 5 year old cousin along with her to her weight***chers meeting!!! i mean please!!!! i do diets but i make sure my daughter doesnt see and i dont talk about my issues with my body infront of her...and i NEVER EVER make comments about peoples weight infront of my child. Children are born blind to such things as weight and money and hopefully i can keep her like that for a fair few years to come. BUt i feel for your cousin she has years and years to think about all that stuff.....

Omg thats terrible. No, her mother is far from insecure about her weight. In fact she is a complete utter idiot, and never disciplines her children. Sorry...I'm ranting but I hate that woman. It's her fault, that her kids are so rude.
MyMayBabies On October 23, 2009

Deleted

cheshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 11:43:19
rant excused.... i know its really hard when you know someone is bringing up their kids backwards espically when its your family!!!!
hopefully she might go in the right path as she gets older....maybe just say 'well actually i think being a nice person is more important and i really love chocolate!!!' maybe do it in a jokey way as usually 5 year olds are plyable...
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 01, 2009 @ 12:00:49
Well, it's not 100% bad. At least she knows it's bad to eat McDonalds on a regular basis. She's just aware of the issues, which, at the end of the day, are really important. As long as she's not taking it to extremes, like refusing to eat normal, healthy food I don't see the big deal, to be honest.

From the time I was a kid, my sister and I were telling our mum to quit smoking. Surely, it's the same kind of thing?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs