The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

The Big Brother Society..Is It Really A "Concern"?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 28, 2009 @ 21:35:14
Britain, like some other countries, are "concerened and worried" about the government keeping tabs on them by having too many CCTV cameras.

I don't see why it's a problem..
It should, in theory, keep the streets safer and unless you're doing anything wrong or they put cameras in your houses I don't see what people could find to complain about!

Does anyone on here have a problem with the "Big Brother Society"
myk1992 On August 01, 2011

Deleted

Tired out shack :), United Kin
#2New Post! Mar 28, 2009 @ 21:42:11
To some degree I have a problem because we should have freedom of speech etc etc, part of our rights.

But I totally agree with you about how it should keep the streets safer.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 28, 2009 @ 21:46:31
I think the British complain too much. If we didn't have CCTV and someone was attacked, they would complain there wasn't enough surveillance to identify the attackers, and say the government needs to do more to prevent crime.

It's not as if CCTV cameras are pointed directly into your homes, so they're not breaching privacy rights anyway! Anything that happens out on the street is public knowledge. People need to get over it.

I find it amusing when people complain about all the speed camera. . . .they could just try not speeding
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 28, 2009 @ 21:46:38
@myk1992 Said

To some degree I have a problem because we should have freedom of speech etc etc, part of our rights.

But I totally agree with you about how it should keep the streets safer.

Hmm..
There's just so many double standards!
We want freedom of speech, which we haven't got anyway, but when last week we had that group of people protesting against the soldiers people were saying it shouldn't of been allowed..

I don't agree with them upsetting the families and the soldiers themselves..but at the same time I think they should have their freedom of speech.
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 28, 2009 @ 21:49:19
@hedkandi1984_21 Said

I think the British complain too much. If we didn't have CCTV and someone was attacked, they would complain there wasn't enough surveillance to identify the attackers, and say the government needs to do more to prevent crime.

It's not as if CCTV cameras are pointed directly into your homes, so they're not breaching privacy rights anyway! Anything that happens out on the street is public knowledge. People need to get over it.

I find it amusing when people complain about all the speed camera. . . .they could just try not speeding

LOL exactly!

england is full of moaners!
I should know I live here and don't stop myself! lol

Again double standards..it's okay for them to speed, but if their kid was run over by someone speeding..STOP!
This justice systems out of control..
I think people should take a look at themselves a little more..
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 28, 2009 @ 21:49:37
As long as they're not imposing on my right to privacy I don't care.

CCTV helps to keep us safe.

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 28, 2009 @ 21:53:42
@jack__1 Said

LOL exactly!

england is full of moaners!
I should know I live here and don't stop myself! lol

Again double standards..it's okay for them to speed, but if their kid was run over by someone speeding..STOP!
This justice systems out of control..
I think people should take a look at themselves a little more..

In a nutshell: England is full of hypocrites

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Mar 28, 2009 @ 22:26:57
@coneyisland Said

NYC tried cameras --just don't work to stop crime--sometimes perp caught from video--but doesn't deter crime. For the civil right issue--cameras can only be use as survilance in public areas---

Yeah, they're only in public areas here too, so I honestly don't see the big deal. Even if they don't prevent crime, the police can use them to identify criminals. So it's not exactly a bad thing to have
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs