The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Should I get back with an ex who cheated on me?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#16New Post! Mar 17, 2009 @ 17:56:48
How good are you at trusting?
annmountford1946 On August 15, 2011

stoke on trent staffs, United
#17New Post! Mar 17, 2009 @ 18:09:04
if he cheated on you most likely he will again sorry
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#18New Post! Mar 17, 2009 @ 18:10:22
@sonike Said

Should I get back with an ex who cheated on me three years ago. Haven't been able to love another since and we still really love each other.

Absolutly!

So then your Ex can get back at you agian. Then you get to get back at them.. and your ex can get back at you... for ever and ever.

A exgirlfriend once told me this, and I forever applied it all my relationships.

"s*** or get off the pot"... meaning commit or move on.

So for you my little sonike, after 3 years, make something happen or move on.
04EXCURSION On September 29, 2009

long beach, California
#19New Post! Mar 17, 2009 @ 18:12:37
He cant really love you if he cheated on you
fantaysha On July 13, 2011

Ignacio, Colorado
#20New Post! Mar 17, 2009 @ 18:27:09
like i wouldnt because what if it happens to you again i mean do you want your heart broken two times by the same person? i mean come on you have to think bout it because if she really loved you then she wouldnt have cheated on you. So i wud say no
Manoverboard On March 21, 2009

columbia, Missouri
#21New Post! Mar 17, 2009 @ 21:02:22
seriously once a cheater always a cheater. i dont know the guy or the situation but really from where im standing if he learns he can do it and get away with it theres a good chancwe of it happening again. also you dont want to be the fallback plan. let him know its you and only you or nothing at all.
sweetbabykisses1965 On March 30, 2009

hiram,
#22New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 14:01:05
chances are good he will do it again and u will still want him we all want what we cant have and sometimes thats the best thing for us
Wayne8559 On March 14, 2016
?ber Two Hat

Plymouth, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 14:06:44
@sonike Said

Should I get back with an ex who cheated on me three years ago. Haven't been able to love another since and we still really love each other.

I always say if you love somebody your never cheat on them... but i also say that EVERYONE deserves a 2nd chance...
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#24New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 14:23:50
When you are breaking horses, They throw you off, you get back on. Repeat until they are broke. Don't know if that works on jackasses though.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#25New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 14:44:11
I would probably be too insecure personally, to trust that it wouldn't happan again, and end up ruining any real foundation, with paranoia.
If you are able to forgive, and mover forward, trusting that it won't happen again, or using it against him, then go for it.
People can mature, and grow, and seeings as it's been a few years, maybe he has.
I know that some of the stuff I did as a youngen, I would never do again now. But I am not sure if that is the same with cheaters.
If it is something that you are going to regret, because of not knowing, then go for it. A new beginning, may be just that.
Either way, good luck.
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#26New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 15:11:33
i wouldnt unless he can prove to u that hes not going to do it again.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#27New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 04:38:13
@sonike Said

This is a tough situation and I do sympathise. For most women, an indiscretion is all thats needed to get over an ex pretty well. This has obviously not been the case for you.

The worst that can happen is that he is lying and he cheats on your again. You may have heard of the saying "Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me."

Do you know why he cheated? Has he changed? I don't mean has he told you he's changed, but do you observe a change in him?

I'm intrigued that you say 'we still really love each other' - how many relationships has he had since you? How many have you had since him? You sau you haven't been able to love another....I wonder about him though.

I'm not trying to be cruel here, but if this guy has had 19 gf's during your time apart and now wants you back, I just wouldn't buy it. That would sound more like loneliness and convenience to me than love.

Like I said, the worst that can happen is that he breaks your heart again. Maybe that's what you will need to truly get over him - and if he doesn't cheat, well, perhaps you were meant to be together. I just don't understand why it's taken 3 years for him to beg for you back - and if he isn't begging, you shouldn't even consider it.

You don't give anyone 2 chances to kick you in the guts without abject begging. My POV anyway.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs