The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Do yu think a relationship can come back from what seems "Rock bottom"?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jemsy On May 14, 2010

Somerset, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 17:21:41
I just wanted some opinions,
when a relationship is going badly (eg: arguing every day etc.) can it go back to amazing?
If the two people still love each other and want to make it work, can they?

Or are there factors which should make yu end it?

Discuss
smilelove On September 01, 2013
Ninja Dreamer

Somewhere, Ohio
#2New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 17:41:42
I think that a relationship can recover for a while, but often will end later on.
mr_chilipepper On March 04, 2013

Durham, North Carolina
#3New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 17:53:49
The key: Communication.
It is easier said than done. talking about everything is the only way to make anything work. My girlfriend and I talk about everything and after two years the only time she has ever been upset with me is when I decided to go to a College that was a two hour drive from her. Thinking, "that pissed me off, but, I shouldn't really bring it up to him/her" is exactly where people go wrong. Little things tend to build up, and after a while, they become big things that don't go away easily. If cheating is involved with a relationship, then I do not think there is too much left. A relationship is fueled by trust, and once one person has cheated, the trust is broken.

^^Thoughts from a man who knows his chili peppers
drbeaucroft On January 17, 2013

Banned

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 17:55:51
No, give up and move on.
You could stay and make it last a few years longer, but whats the point, youll just end up regretting it.
If you dont 'click' with someone, your wasteing your time.

Durham, North Carolina
#5New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 17:58:35
@drbeaucroft Said

No, give up and move on.
You could stay and make it last a few years longer, but whats the point, youll just end up regretting it.
If you dont 'click' with someone, your wasteing your time.

yes

Durham, North Carolina
#6New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 17:59:17
Life is too short to waste on one thing.

Banned

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 18:03:35
I know people who are constantly splitting up and when they get back together (for the 3 billionth time) they let everyone know it (oh how they let us know) and theyre all lovey dovey again and kissing in public and holding hands and generally makeing everyone spew and everyone has to be really happy for them again, DONT DARE say theyre not the perfect couple...

...Then 3 days later shes ran off back to her mums and he's sleeping with someone else and it goes on and on like that.

I really think if you dont just click with someone in a really special way there is no point....Thats no way to live.
SimplyxComplicated On June 28, 2023

Fort Worth, Texas
#8New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 18:07:00
There was a period when my ex and I fought, a lot.
He almost walked out twice, but we got through it.
Granted, we didnt last, obviously since hes my ex, but we ended not because of the fighting or any argument. We're just at different stages in our lives, being in a relationship wasnt helping anything a long.
jemsy On May 14, 2010

Somerset, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 18:12:43
@mr_chilipepper Said

The key: Communication.
It is easier said than done. talking about everything is the only way to make anything work.
^^Thoughts from a man who knows his chili peppers

Hmmm well the problem seems to be i get upset too much at him, although i really am just telling him how i feel, and i dont go on and on i just mention it 'cus it upsets me and i wanna sort it out. He says he feels like i make him feel he doesn't do enough, and that angers him, but at the same time i feel like i do so much for him and he doesnt appreciate it. I feel like all he does is focus on the bad parts of me, and that hes just angry, all the time.

Banned

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 18:12:49
Ive lived with someone for the past 4 years, and the honest truth is that we have NEVER fallen out in a major way.
THATS how it should be. We respect each other too much and we talk about EVERYTHING.
If one of us has an issue, he/she raises it and we deal with it then and there without any bull. We sort it out and put it behind us and move on.
I think that maybe understanding like that can only come with age...im not sure. I think as we get older we have a better mellower ability to reason with others...(not all older people, some are vindictive little pi**ants), but in general most of us learn from our past mistakes and know how to better work on a relationship with other humans.

I always say that the person who is your partner should be your best friend...if he/she isnt...theres a problem.
If instead of talking to your partner when your unhappy you run to talk to your friends or your mom, then theres somthing wrong.
jemsy On May 14, 2010

Somerset, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 18:15:27
I dont think falling out every now and then means yur a bad couple at all, if yur completely open with each other sometimes it cant be avoided.

But it feels like we're falling out every day.

Its a long distance relationship so its hard enough but we've been together for 16 months.
Jeopardy On April 29, 2011

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 19:05:41
I think you have to have a good long talk with eachother and then see whats the cause of the arguments and do something to stop it from happening. If you are truely in love then you can make it work and put the past behind you and get your relationship back to top peak
Lillyanne On March 18, 2009

Deleted

Marylebone, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Mar 14, 2009 @ 19:11:42
@jemsy Said

when a relationship is going badly (eg: arguing every day etc.) can it go back to amazing?

Discuss

Jemsy sorry but in a word I would say NO....I would also say if it doesn't feel right then it's not right...trust your instinct and don't kid yourself..cos you'll be the one ending up getting hurt

sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#14New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 04:21:53
@jemsy Said

Discuss

Yes it can, nothing is impossible, espec if neither of you have called it quits yet. But something will have to change here, won't it?

I don't know what the fights are about....I don't know what has happened to make you both resent each other the way you describe. Fighting ever day is to me, a sign that you are fighting about the little stuff, but perhaps, there is a lot of more important stuff that so far, neither of you have been able to talk about.

Only you can know the truth of what is REALLY going on here. Is there a lack of trust, a history of disappointment and let-downs in the relationship? Have you been able to be honest about your part in the fighting? What could you do to improve things?

A good long sit-down to way up your options with this guy over a wine or two would be a good idea. If you both want to make it work, you'll have to both stop trying to be right. You can be right 100% of the time, sure. You'll just find yourself without a boyfriend. Same goes for him.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs