Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
SimplyxComplicated On June 28, 2023

Fort Worth, Texas
#16New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 20:12:57
I was fired, once.
It was justified.
I was in jail for 3 days and missed 3 days of work.
guitarkid On March 31, 2009

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 23:13:35
Yeh was abused by an older man yrs back when i was 17 yrs of age
so i reported him for such to foreman on the job + he the other guy was 25 yrs old at time whom abused me

i told other's also on job about him + was very open about such
when i then was told from this other bloke about him
but he kept hush about such

ended up both us were sacked for fighting more of a scuffle + i was the innocent
i found out after that he tried same with another bloke whom kept hush

and i ended up at the time a nervous wreck on my job
where he worked on the machine nxt to mine
but wont go into detail here

anyhow i actually felt like burning the building down
as i had reported him for such + he wouldnt leave me alone
to do my job + this affected me for yrs + i had just got a raw deal at the time.
basha On June 14, 2012

Somewhere YOU wanna be!!, Unit
#18New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 23:17:51
When i was 16 i worked weekends in a shoe shop and i went through a period of time where i was sick alot cos i had loads of migraines and spent time in hospital having investigations cos they weren't sure if i had a serious neuro problem.
They sacked me at the shoe shop.
I did only work weekends so didn't have a doctors note or anything and at the time i thought they were s*** bags seeing as i was genuinely ill and not skiving but lookng back i was 16 and i was never going to work in a shoe shop my whole life so if it made the manager feel big then whatever.
I laugh about it now!!
But other than that, no i have never lost a full time job or anything!
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#19New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 23:30:00
I was once called for a job, and was told the very day I arrived that the union shouldn't have called me for it, that I didn't have the course needed for it, and that it was against Transport Canada regulation, for me to stay in that position.

I cried. I felt like I had been fired.
It was so embarrasing.

It was good in the end though, because I managed to keep that job for 2 weeks, until they found a replacement, and then did the course that I needed that winter. It worked out, because even though it was only two weeks, they at least knew I was capable, and I was able to get called for that position again. I may have been overlooked otherwise. (I hope that makes sense)
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#20New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 23:35:33
Well, sort of

The company I worked for doesn't call it "firing" when they eliminate a department, and therefore, eliminate jobs...it's called "job discontinuance" but it was only because they closed the department.

It worked out nicely though. I got paid for 2 months as though I was there and working (even thought my department was already gone) before my 2 months of severance pay started. So I basically got 4 months free And a far sight better job out of the deal
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#21New Post! Mar 11, 2009 @ 02:16:43
My first job gave me the boot, their excuse was I failed to reach the minimum sales quota, the real reason is I got tired of al the volunteer work they kept assigning me and refused to go once
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#22New Post! Mar 11, 2009 @ 02:20:16
I was never fired. I was laid off a few times from seasonal jobs but always hired back on.
moodstabilizer On April 22, 2009

Somewhere casual,
#23New Post! Mar 11, 2009 @ 02:22:31
Yes. 4 times in a row at 4 different jobs. I have a slight temper when I'm getting screwed. It's not an endearing trait.
jobsy On June 18, 2009

, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Mar 11, 2009 @ 10:55:34
its impossible to fire anyone in the UK anymore, without them being able to sue you
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#25New Post! Mar 11, 2009 @ 11:43:35
No, I have never been fired.
I have worked for a couple of people who would have liked to have fired me if they could have legally. I wish they had in a way. Working in that kind of situation is very stressful. It would have been less stress to get fired, go to court and sue them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs