Random

Universal Signal(s) for child or other abuse victims:

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#2New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 09:24:22
Did you intervene? Go over and speak to the child?
The method you suggest could be just as easily abused as implemented I guess.
i think that the stranger danger system works well - if you are able to run - run.
I don't know how else to respond to your post, except that I hope to God what you witnessed was a child with expressive eyes, and nothing more.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#4New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 09:30:09
@Zzyzx Said

I wasn't in a position to. It's a convenience store. There was nothing I could do to talk to the child one-on-one.

If there were some sort of universal signal, and kids knew to use it, you could at least try to casually walk out the door after them and get a license plate, and call the police to pull the vehicle over randomly. At least it would be something -- to check on the welfare of the child.

Forgive me, but if you were that concerned, i would have thought your job wouldn't matter.
Did you follow them, get the license plate?
I would have.
zzyzx On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#5New Post! Mar 08, 2009 @ 09:50:39
@sunandsurf13 Said

Forgive me, but if you were that concerned, i would have thought your job wouldn't matter.
Did you follow them, get the license plate?
I would have.

No, I didn't. It wasn't about the job, it was that I had no other reason to do anything, except a hunch.

If there were some sort of universal signal -- that I could have recognized, of course I would have walked away from the counter, and figured out which car they were in, but I had nothing to go on, but this feeling that she was trying to tell me something.

It could have been her dad, it could have been that everything was cool, I just don't know.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs