Teen committs suicide over "sexting"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#46New Post! Sep 27, 2012 @ 02:58:55
@Asme251 Said

Congratulations. You know some very special people but generally, academically focused girls do not get pregnant.

You know so little. What are you twelve?

I for one was both sexually active, and academically focused. Most of my friends were too. The two are not mutually exclusive. I graduated high school with high honors. I graduated college magna cum laude and I will soon graduate my master's program with a 4.0, and I lost my virginity when I was 13. My husband carries nude pictures of me on his phone. I didn't give boyfriends nude pics of me because that was before cell phones were common, but certainly I would have been likely to have done so, had I had the technology. I definitely dated some guys who weren't what I thought they were. Oddly enough, my teenage brain wasn't too experienced at discerning those facts at that time. It came with experience. And I definitely would have trusted some of them too much. People just don't fit into little boxes. Either this or that. Anyone who thinks they do is either young, inexperienced, or naive. Which one are you?
Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#47New Post! Sep 27, 2012 @ 03:30:34
@Kristy69 Said

https://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29546030/

A very very sad story.

This is why you NEVER expose yourself electronically. You never know who will get a hold of them.

My heart and prayers got out to that family.

Shame she killed herself - She didn't have too, anyone that wanted to confront me and call me a 'Slut' I woulda told them 'Damn Straight', if they then pushed further to show their disdain physically - My life would've ended by lethal injection after making a very horrific example out of them.

But either way the good thing that comes from this is - a much as her boyfriend tried to vilify her - I wonder who looks like the c*** now?
Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#48New Post! Sep 27, 2012 @ 03:40:56
@Asme251 Said

My reasoning is that she took the nudie pics because she was sexually active. If she had not been, she wouldn't have taken the pictures and she would still be alive. With the materials they are provided with, most teens should be able to plan their lives. There are some kids who don't have the parental advise or the consciousness to do what is necessary to become successful. I agree that people can be cruel, especially teens. Everyone knows that. The girl who killed herself should have expected this ridicule. She shouldn't have taken the pics (nor be sexually active) and she shouldn't have given it to her untrustworthy boyfriend without expecting the consequences.

Asme, the photos were shared with a trusted love one. I'm sure many a man's wife has offered him a nude photo in a Valentine's card for teases.

In the instance, however, that the girl was a bit daft and showing herself around to everyone she deserved constructive criticism and support - Not ridicule and harassment.

Righteous retaliation on those whom we feel are 'wrong' is an evil thing - Look up The Brazen Bull on Wikipedia: this was a punishment they used to use to use for people whom were gay, offensively boastful (brazen (like myself)) or promiscuous.

Even had that death sentence still been around today for child murderers it would still be sicker in the head than the child murderer themselves.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#49New Post! Sep 27, 2012 @ 11:01:37
Why is this in the politics section, AND 3 years old to boot???
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#50New Post! Sep 27, 2012 @ 19:04:22
@BozieFozie Said

Why is this in the politics section, AND 3 years old to boot???

Just to annoy you, so you would post about it.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#51New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 23:31:38
@makelovetothemountain Said

I hate sex. So she deserved it.

Sex is very much overrated.

And yes I have sour grapes due to personal circumstances.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs