"your too young to understand"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#31New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 01:05:13
I'm 28. People still say that to me. When I was 14, I hated it too. But 14 years later, there are lot of things that I understand now that I didn't understand 14 years ago. And I'm sure that in 14 more years, I'll understand things that I don't understand now. I know its sucks.
moodstabilizer On April 22, 2009

Somewhere casual,
#32New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 01:08:01
When I look back at myself at 14, I laugh. I had no idea what it's like to have to fight through depression or 'anxiety' because I have to work everyday in order to pay bills. Mommy and Daddy aren't around anymore to change my light bulbs when one's burnt out. So yes, I too feel you're too young to understand many things. Enjoy your childhood while you have it. Quit moping.
marstalas On October 26, 2010

Outside Space,
#33New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 01:37:34
@Falsifying Said

That wasn't my point at all.
I was just stating that someone who says "anxiety attacks are the scariest thing in the world," has not experienced every fear that there is.

But for her, that is. Everyone has a different opinion on what fear is. Some people don't find the thought of dying scary at all.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#34New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 03:32:05
I used to get annoyed by that too, but I kinda understand why older people say it a bit more now.

However, I also remember that I used to hate when that was said to me - so I try to be considerate and not to say it to people younger than I am.

The truth is there's no way to know for sure. So I could be wrong, or I could be right, and it doesn't really matter either way.
ShannonGB On March 12, 2009

#35New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 18:18:38
Well I know how annoyed you must feel, I can still remember when my parents said that to me, but nowadays I find that I'm the one saying that to some of the younger folks!

It's true at times that you need to get older and experience more of the world before you realize things, but there are also cases that when you're older you'll tell your parents "well now I'm older but I haven't changed my opinion". All of us lead different lives, if an older person says that to you again, just think, there's no harm in listening. If you think it's wrong, just let it out the other ear.

Our parents always told us not to stay out too late driving and partying. We didn't listen of course, until we got into trouble, really big trouble which involved getting us at gunpoint begging for our lives. I though it was going to be the end. After that we rarely went out past 11pm
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 18:31:54
@smallbutterflies Said

Speaking of that there is my uncle who yells at his stepchildren when they break stuff saying

"Your younger, therefore you are STUPID and I am much smarter than you"

obviously if he needs to par himself off on children he is a sad sick man.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs