NotAPunk On May 20, 2009

Minneapolis, Minnesota
#31New Post! Mar 02, 2009 @ 20:45:33
Rotten: No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish.
By John Lydon.
Blue_Oval_Baby On September 02, 2009

Crack Ho Village, Colorado
#32New Post! Mar 02, 2009 @ 20:47:01
By The Rivers of Babylon by Nelson DeMille. It's about terrorists who bring down a Concorde in Babylon and try to take the passengers hostage, the ensuing fight and (I assume) the victory/rescue.

#33New Post! Mar 02, 2009 @ 20:50:45
@trustingsoul Said

I'm reading your manuscript.
I'm also reading Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell. This one weighs a ton, so I hope to see a big improvement over the last three stinkers. So far, she's holding her own. There's one story line about twin brothers; one a handsome lady's man and one who's quite hideous. They're horrific murderers. I'm hoping she finishes that story line, she's annoying me.

I just got done reading Scarpetta a week or so ago. It starts off really slow and doesn't begin to pick up until the middle. It's an excellent read after that.

#34New Post! Mar 02, 2009 @ 20:52:40
@Saegespaene Said

Just like the synopsis says, this is a different story about the start of WWII, and how Stalin was manipulating Hitler to wage war... A rather exciting read, if you are into technological advances and military tank history... Hitler foiled the plans of Stalin, by attacking Russia,...and now you know the rest of the story.

I would love to read this. Do you think any library in the country might have it? I can get my library to search and get it through interlibrary loan.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#35New Post! Mar 02, 2009 @ 21:06:36
Patricia Cornwell- Potter's Field
The first books in the Kay Scarpetta series were a compelling read. This is one of the books that kept me wanting more. The character is Virginia's chief medical examiner and she has the daunting task of communicating with an unidentifiable dead woman.The forensic dialogue is accurate and understandable to anyone who's interested. Kay is haunted by the return of evil work which she recognizes; Temple Gault's. Set in New York City and following a path into its underbelly, Cornwell keeps you on the edge. This story fascinates and repels. Exploring the mind of a sociopathic serial killer puts Kay in grave danger. This is a riveting, suspenseful page turner; one of Cornwell's best. Her masterful writing keeps you involved from the first page until you close the book in shock and astonishment.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#36New Post! Mar 02, 2009 @ 21:58:05
@Blue_Oval_Baby Said

I would love to read this. Do you think any library in the country might have it? I can get my library to search and get it through interlibrary loan.

If you read the synopsis via the link (above) you'll see that the book did not get a wide distribution in the US. See if your library can locate it, and get it to you. The info I had posted about availability on Amazon was from 2006. Search for the book there, and see if the price has gone up!

#37New Post! Mar 21, 2009 @ 08:41:09
Point Blank
Author: Catherine Coulter
Genre: Mystery and SuspenseWhen I finished this, I thought,?That was excellent!? The plot of this book runs in two veins; Jane Doe is found in the woods and has an exciting story to uncover and once again the return appearance of Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock, FBI agents. Point Blank is a powerful story which begins to get exciting when agents Savich and Carver are nearly killed while trying to rescue entertainer Pinky Womack from kidnappers. The agents are lured to a motel in Pumis,Virigina where they are almost killed by a bomb which destroys the motel. They are looking to uncover a lunatic, Moses Grace, who is out to kill Savich.
In the meantime Agent Ruth Warnecki has insomnia and is discovered in the woods of Maestro, Virginia, by Sheriff Dixon Noble. With time and the arrival of Savich and Sherlock, she regains her memory and they try to seek a killer on the loose. It?s impossible to tell this story in a synopsis; it?s exciting, interesting, historical, and excellent to read.
There?s always a bit of a love story in Catherine Coulter?s novels and this is no exception. Her writing is fluid along with a good plot, and character development. There is a driving force which propels you into continuing to read. The FBI series appeals to me in every way, so I highly recommend this book. I?m looking forward to reading Tailspin. If you are a fan of Tami Hoag you will enjoy this.

#38New Post! Mar 23, 2009 @ 01:17:14
Mistaken Identity 10/10
Author: Lisa Scottoline
Genre: Mystery and Suspense
Perhaps I fell in love with these books because of a fascination with the law, or they take me places near my hometown, or because they?re so extremely well written. They remind me of a horserace or a car chase with thrills, excitement, and emotional highs and lows.
Her novels follow the lives of different female lawyers belonging to the Rosato Firm. Mistaken Identity revolves around the head of the firm Benny Rosato. Benny has always believed that she was the only child of a single mother. When a face identical to hers comes for help her life goes into a whirlwind. The woman goes by the name of Alice Connolly and claims that their father has sent her. Alice is accused of killing her boyfriend and is in severe need of legal help. Benny has no immediate way of finding the truth but feels compelled to take her case.
Benny becomes involved in a muddle of puzzles, corruption and lies. She tries to bring it all to light.
Ms. Scottoline?s attention to detail is always perfect and you feel completely involved in the story. The emotional twists and turns keep you holding your breath. This writer gives you gut wrenching reality and the need to know. The ending will astound you.
Taut, thrilling, detailed, exciting, you come to love Benny Rosato and Associates.
Highly recommended.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#39New Post! Mar 23, 2009 @ 01:19:40
@readsalot Said

Mistaken Identity 10/10
Author: Lisa Scottoline
Genre: Mystery and Suspense
Perhaps I fell in love with these books because of a fascination with the law, or they take me places near my hometown, or because they?re so extremely well written. They remind me of a horserace or a car chase with thrills, excitement, and emotional highs and lows.
Her novels follow the lives of different female lawyers belonging to the Rosato Firm. Mistaken Identity revolves around the head of the firm Benny Rosato. Benny has always believed that she was the only child of a single mother. When a face identical to hers comes for help her life goes into a whirlwind. The woman goes by the name of Alice Connolly and claims that their father has sent her. Alice is accused of killing her boyfriend and is in severe need of legal help. Benny has no immediate way of finding the truth but feels compelled to take her case.
Benny becomes involved in a muddle of puzzles, corruption and lies. She tries to bring it all to light.
Ms. Scottoline?s attention to detail is always perfect and you feel completely involved in the story. The emotional twists and turns keep you holding your breath. This writer gives you gut wrenching reality and the need to know. The ending will astound you.
Taut, thrilling, detailed, exciting, you come to love Benny Rosato and Associates.
Highly recommended.

*adds to book list*
elanorrigby On April 03, 2009

, Australia
#40New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 01:12:14
The Electric KoolAid Acid Test by Tom Woolf.

It is a superbly written, gonzo journalism account of Ken Kesey and his Merry pranksters and how they (with the help of LSD) revolutionized America and the world.

His style is fluid, somewhat poetic, like a true beatnik in front of a typewriter, busting out words without without stopping, in a fluidity of rhythm that only is born when true genius decides to taint a page with ink.
Keetla On September 10, 2011

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
#41New Post! Mar 27, 2009 @ 10:51:14
I just read 2 books that provide new insights to humanity and their religions.

This one gives a new look at Earth's history:
The Biggest Secret
https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/biggestsecret/biggestsecretbook/biggestsecret.htm
(history as you did NOT it learn at school, supported by facts.)

And this one, wow. Forget that last book. This one can change your life. The evolution therory (e.t.) is not true. Prepare to meet our makers. They have been described in the bible and other ancient texts.
site: www.rael.org
Download the book: Intelligent Design.

EVEN if this would not be true, it provides for a better future for humanity. I'll vote Geniocracy.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#42New Post! Mar 27, 2009 @ 10:55:15
@Keetla Said

I just read 2 books that provide new insights to humanity and their religions.

This one gives a new look at Earth's history:
The Biggest Secret
https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/biggestsecret/biggestsecretbook/biggestsecret.htm
(history as you did NOT it learn at school, supported by facts.)

And this one, wow. Forget that last book. This one can change your life. The evolution therory (e.t.) is not true. Prepare to meet our makers. They have been described in the bible and other ancient texts.
site: www.rael.org
Download the book: Intelligent Design.

EVEN if this would not be true, it provides for a better future for humanity. I'll vote Geniocracy.

I've read it,
It's bulls***.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs