Forums:
College Life

work and college dillemma!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
becky_pepper On December 29, 2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 24, 2009 @ 13:00:23
Ok, I noticed a course a while back in photography at a place called Sandwell college, and it sounds like a brilliant course, it'll lead me onto a HND in photography that's linked with Wolverhampton university. I went and applied for this course and got an interview date for this friday which I happily accepted...

Trouble is...I'm due into work on Friday. I rang up work a while ago and explained the situation to my supervisor Cindy, however, she's wanting me to come in and do my shift as we're pretty short staffed at the moment what with folk going on holiday. I can't change the date or time and t's late afternoon and nowhere near where my work is, and I'm relying on public transport! Even if I could make it to work, I wouldn't be able to afford to if you get my jist!

So I'm now really confused, Cindy understands how important this is to me but she ants me to try and rearrange another date...but the thing is I've already accepted this date (in my own stupidity) so I now don't know what to do! Apparently Tuesday's short notice to get staff to fill in my space on the Friday evening!

I really want to go to this interview, I don't want to have to cause hastle and risk not being accepted because my work are being awkward with me, it's really upset me and I can't think of what to do! Any one have any ideas?

I'm to ring back tomorrow with news on whether I've been able to change the date or not and we'll sort it out from there...but I already know I won't be able to...oh this is so confusing!!!!!
Vinni88 On May 30, 2011
random jammy dodger

Gillingham, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 24, 2009 @ 13:16:01
screw work go to the interview education will take u to a better job anyway
becky_pepper On December 29, 2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 24, 2009 @ 13:43:24
@Vinni88 Said

screw work go to the interview education will take u to a better job anyway

you see that was my original idea, but the problem is it could lead to a disiplinary, and I don't want that to be mentioned in a reference, the fact that if I go to this course I'll end up being my own boss lol. I think I'll call in tomorrow and explain that I couldn'tchange the dates, which is the truth, I'm being honest with them. I told them as early as I could, they're the ones delaying matters by asking me to call them back tomorrow with the same news! It's just really dragging me down
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Feb 24, 2009 @ 14:03:38
Can you really not change the date for the interview? My college was OK with changing the date for mine.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs