AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#16New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 17:57:12
@moonlighthopes Said

The weapon was a youth model 20-gauge shotgun, designed for use by children, that belonged to the boy, according to investigators.

They have guns for children?

@WildChild Said

Oh yeah I realize kids hunt as a matter of fact my ex took my daughter on many youth deer hunts on the TWRA. Hell I was picking allumuin cans off a fence post when I was ten years old. My point is I was taught that a lot of respoinsibility went with the privilege of having that gun and it was'nt always at arms reach for me. If my Daddy or my grandfather were'nt around to supervise I did'nt use it , end of story.

Good point you made about the father should hold some responsibility for supplying the kid with the gun..

I personally feel it's not good sense; kids and guns just don't mix.
essenceofjme On March 05, 2024
bread ends

f***ing, Morocco
#17New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:00:03
@LaPtiteSue Said

If you can do the "crime" you should do the "time".

very true.
but should an 11 year old, who likely doesnt know wtf hes doing, also?
it just seems sad, and whos to say he really did it, im just gonna stick around and wait of the evidence.
ShannonGB On March 12, 2009

#18New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:05:23
Well my dad taught me how to shoot a gun (a Colt Gold Cup MKIV) but it was his gun! Also he NEVER EVER let me near it without him being within inches of me. I recall it was only once that he let me shoot it without him holding onto the gun with me at the same time.

How did the kid get access to the gun??? Please don't tell me the dad does not lock it up for him.

I really can never figure out these kinds of things but I would rather he not be tried as an adult. I'd take a chance and think that he can still be reformed after the incident.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#19New Post! Feb 24, 2009 @ 06:50:18
A few news articles question if jealousy was the boys motive.

You would think one of the adults in the home would notice if a child had major issues with jealousy.

And the question of why did this 11 year old have access to a loaded firearm with no adult supervision regardless what kind of firearm it was.
carelt1985 On June 25, 2016

Chesterfield, Missouri
#21New Post! Feb 24, 2009 @ 06:59:25

Yeah, I heard my boss mention this, Sunday.

Unfortunately, I haven't been studying crime or child psychology to answer this one properly.

I remember as a teen I didn't always like my mom's significant other. However, not enough to kill him.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs