AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
kelkel1967 On January 09, 2012

greensboro, North Carolina
#17New Post! Jan 31, 2009 @ 16:20:15
@timeouter Said

And if so how do you know?

@trustingsoul Said

I doubt it, I'm in the magazine publishing world. We're not sheltered from anything. As a child I was; the real world changed that.

@Iconoclast Said

Sheltered from what? religious fanaticism from a parental guardian, poverty, domestic abuse? It seems like the kind of subjective question some Zack De La Rocha would ask.

@chef_mia Said

i which i was sheltered and didnt have to see some things i seen as a child but i did and its made me who i am today

@readsalot Said

I was until college when reality smacked me in the face. I've been shot for crying outloud, that's not sheltered. I'm a psychologist who taught disturbed children; hell no!

@Lili Said

as a kid, definitely not. As an adult, you betcha! lol

@karljkampovsky Said

My first memories are ones of violence,and sexual abuse directed at me by my very own mother. I'm very glad that it did not warp me! My parents in spite of their proclivities toward violence, Did shelter me from religion saying "you can believe if you want,you can go to church if you want" I am grateful for that! But I would say I was far from a sheltered child.

@NotlihNhoj Said

'Sheltered' by what standards?

Anybody living in the developed world is sheltered to quite a large degree from the brutal necessities of life.

Who in here can say that been so weak with starvation that can no longer walk? Or used a stick to pin their own broken leg as there was no medical help to be had? And so on.

I've had my share of traumas and disappointments, like most, but unsheltered? No, not by a long way...

in the world we live in now the only way to be sheltered is to have a closed mind and heart -a closed doors and high walls can never stop information from getting to you !! if your eyes are open and you can hear and speak you cannot be sheltered !!
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#18New Post! Jan 31, 2009 @ 16:25:48
In the fact that I have lived a pretty normal life, without the experiences of abuse, or outside elements of violence or other forms of negativity, that alot of this world is exposed to, to someone that has, I may be consitered sheltered.
For the average Jane in North America though, I would say that I am not.
At least I would like to think so, anyway.
I guess it is all in one's perspective.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#19New Post! Jan 31, 2009 @ 16:30:31
I was raised by wolves, so I'd have to say that I've lived a pretty un-sheltered life.
timeouter On March 14, 2009

paris, France
#20New Post! Jan 31, 2009 @ 16:46:07
@Tanzio Said

Under Fidel cus that was a good time to be had by all! A really decent place that got communism just right, man it was a blast!

so called communism that's not just cuba. but nice guess.
i was sheltered by my parents. not by the system but from it.
timeouter On March 14, 2009

paris, France
#21New Post! Jan 31, 2009 @ 16:47:59
@boxerdc Said

I was raised by wolves, so I'd have to say that I've lived a pretty un-sheltered life.

but they live in packs. that's pretty protective
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs