Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:07:12
@kentoo Said

If the energy is more than you can handle what is the connection between the healing and you laying on of hands?

the connection is that i am nothing more than a medium for the energy to pass thru, i in essence move aside and let the spirit do its work...healing can be given in many forms and absent healing is one of them, however my personal opinion is that laying on of hands is more effective
The Dragon is in....

#32New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:11:17
@alexkidd Said

yes you do, to show that your body can transmit heat to another person or object by means other than regular convection, if you could show such a force you'd get a nobel prize for sure.

not to mention james randi's oft mentioned million dollar prize should you wish.

i already explained it, she was feeling heat from inside herself not from outside, the parts of her body that she would concentrate on would be 'warmer' than the rest.
the fact that you guys obviously wholly believe this stuff doesn't help, she was looking actively for an explanation outside of herself.

another person might just remark 'phew i feel a bit warm right now', people often do.
also your body isn't a thermometer and can actually find it quite hard to determine temperature, she might not of been any warmer than you guys, just colder before you started.

no that is a reason that you would use... i have no need for a nobel prize or for any million dollars that some millionaire has offered, anyone who does has no place in what we do

you understand that i said one particular side was warmer rite? or have you ignored that part? i didn't say that she was warmer, i said that she felt heat from a particular place in the room...where i was sitting

and just because we all agree that it works, holds no weight when you trust people to be honest and tell everyone what they feel, if she felt heat from my direction then she was telling the truth.
CHIORA12 On September 30, 2009

OXFORD, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:17:11
i have read the comments about jesus. i have no doubt that jesus was born 2,000 yrs ago and that he was the messiah the son of God. the whole thing a mystery and a wonderful one.i am a practising catholic and have never doubted. choira 12
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#34New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:22:58
@Elite_Dragon Said

no that is a reason that you would use... i have no need for a nobel prize or for any million dollars that some millionaire has offered, anyone who does has no place in what we do

you understand that i said one particular side was warmer rite? or have you ignored that part? i didn't say that she was warmer, i said that she felt heat from a particular place in the room...where i was sitting

and just because we all agree that it works, holds no weight when you trust people to be honest and tell everyone what they feel, if she felt heat from my direction then she was telling the truth.

well for one heat isn't felt uniformly all over your body,
and i already have explained it, please read my posts.

Quote:

i already explained it, she was feeling heat from inside herself not from outside, the parts of her body that she would concentrate on would be 'warmer' than the rest.

that could of course be wrong of course but it is an explanation outside of the 'paranormal' which i'm sure you agree should be investigated and eliminated first, we don't see ice melt and assume its ice melting faeries.

and if you don't want a million dollars then i'm sure a charity could do with it, by not getting it when you very much can (if you can do what you claim) you'd be doing a great disservice to those you would need it.
'Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do' -Voltaire.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#35New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:23:08
@Elite_Dragon Said

the connection is that i am nothing more than a medium for the energy to pass thru, i in essence move aside and let the spirit do its work...healing can be given in many forms and absent healing is one of them, however my personal opinion is that laying on of hands is more effective

I mistook what you meant when you said that you couldnt handle the entergy.... If it passes through you.... would you not be affected? like a wire carrying high voltage heats up?

Salmon Arm, Canada
#36New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:26:40
@Elite_Dragon Said

Empirical truth is often short of absolute because of perspective. Hence what we experience, though valid can still be in error because of our perspective.
The Dragon is in....

#37New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:31:54
@kentoo Said

I mistook what you meant when you said that you couldnt handle the entergy.... If it passes through you.... would you not be affected? like a wire carrying high voltage heats up?

the only affect i feel as i stated previously is that i can feel the energy pass thru me, imagaine you are laid down in the sea, and you can feel the waves pass over you...that is what i feel..but the energy moves out of my hands and into the patient ahead of me

Salmon Arm, Canada
#38New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:34:30
@Elite_Dragon Said

the only affect i feel as i stated previously is that i can feel the energy pass thru me, imagaine you are laid down in the sea, and you can feel the waves pass over you...that is what i feel..but the energy moves out of my hands and into the patient ahead of me
yeah the waves pass over you not through you the analogy is lacking
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#39New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:36:15
@Elite_Dragon Said

does it have to come out of your hands?
could it come out of your feet if you wanted?
or your head? or you arse?

in all seriousness, what are the rules for this, it seems to me there's a lot of ceremony involved that attempts to legitimize the act, but is there any real reason you couldn't lay your arse over someone to heal them?
The Dragon is in....

#40New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:36:15
@alexkidd Said

that could of course be wrong of course but it is an explanation outside of the 'paranormal' which i'm sure you agree should be investigated and eliminated first, we don't see ice melt and assume its ice melting faeries.

and if you don't want a million dollars then i'm sure a charity could do with it, by not getting it when you very much can (if you can do what you claim) you'd be doing a great disservice to those you would need it.
'Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do' -Voltaire.

yes i agree it is an explanation outside of the paranormal, but there is always that in every aspect of the paranormal, and with the interest you seem to hold in this subject i would have thought that by now you might have found that which cannot be explained..... as there is alot of it out there

and in regards to the charity bit..yes there might be charities that can use it..but that is not my responsibility... might seem harsh but i can honestly say that i don't care... if others see fit to donate to charity then go for it.. i will donate if i see reason too, as i have in the past... but i have no need to prove anythin just to get money, for me or for any charity
The Dragon is in....

#41New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:40:13
@alexkidd Said

does it have to come out of your hands?
could it come out of your feet if you wanted?
or your head? or you arse?

in all seriousness, what are the rules for this, it seems to me there's a lot of ceremony involved that attempts to legitimize the act, but is there any real reason you couldn't lay your arse over someone to heal them?

how does there seem alot of ceremony? exactly? there is no real reason you can't use your backside...but why would you want too? hands are there to touch and feel... your example is descending into silliness again
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#42New Post! Jan 27, 2009 @ 20:43:12
@Elite_Dragon Said

yes i agree it is an explanation outside of the paranormal, but there is always that in every aspect of the paranormal, and with the interest you seem to hold in this subject i would have thought that by now you might have found that which cannot be explained..... as there is alot of it out there

and in regards to the charity bit..yes there might be charities that can use it..but that is not my responsibility... might seem harsh but i can honestly say that i don't care... if others see fit to donate to charity then go for it.. i will donate if i see reason too, as i have in the past... but i have no need to prove anythin just to get money, for me or for any charity

that is harsh...i'd do a lot more than that to help the world.

but anyway,
being 'unexplained' does not mean it is paranormal, it simply means we don't know, when we run out of ways to explain a thing that doesn't mean we can make up an explanation.

i've found when things seem unexplainable the explanation turns out to be a lot less fantastical than people assume.
like crop circles, no aliens, just people with string and a piece of board.

in regard what you claim though that certainly isn't 'unknown' its actually highly testable, testing whether things can cure illnesses is a very important part of medicine, its how we know certain drugs work, this is done because anecdotes and simple testimony has been shown to be unreliable.
faith healing has been tested like this a lot more than spiritualists like to think about, they have consistently failed.

of course, you might be different, but why should we think so?
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013