Rants & Raves

Rude People!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
CarlyBoo On December 22, 2010

Deleted

Guernsey, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:32:21
What compels people to be so damn rude? I mean WTF!!!

There is this girl i work with, we work in such a small environment, i would say about 6 foot by about 20 foot rectangle. And sometimes there is up to 4 or 5 people in this small space, rushing about trying to get things done. Mostly i stay at one end serving customers. The pharmacist will stay at the other. Now you have to be trained to give out medication on a prescription. I am not trained. Neither is this girl lets call her "G". BUT she thinks its ok to go and dispense medication. Which is illegal i might add....She thinks she knows more than me even though shes worked there 6 months longer than me...

She will make it a big deal by talking to another colleague about something private and will go to the other end of this rectangle and whisper and look at me, and I'm strictly not allowed to know what it is that she is saying. BUT when i want to tell one of our colleagues something, and she doesn't quite hear it, she will blatently shout "WHAT WAS THAT?" or she will stare at my lips to try lip read what im saying. I am talking to this person, im not talking to her, so why does she have to know. I made a point of not telling her anything today. I asked my boss a question about my course, and "G" was like "WHAT?" i said "don't worry i was asking Mona, not you" and she walked over to my book and read the question i was asking my boss. How rude???

Also I will be serving a customer and seeings as I am not qualified I cannot recommend anything without telling the pharmacist. Whilst i am asking the pharmacist, she will then recommend something to the customer, sell it to them and whilst walking back with my verdict the customer has walked off.... How am i supposed to learn if she steals all my customers? If she does it all for me?

A colleague said to us "Carly, G who wants a job" and i was so bored i shouted "ME, ME, ME!!!!" and G swoops right in there grabs the book and does the job, literally pushing me out the way.....

I realise this is long but i need a rant, i want to say something to my boss but i don't want to cause friction. I have to be nice to this poor excuse of a human being because we work in such close quarters and it would terribly awkward for everyone if we didn't get along. Thus she thinks she can get away with walking all over me because i don't say anything. HELP!!!!!! I could talk all day about the horrible things she does to me, but I think I've bored you lovely people enough already... Any suggestions?
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#2New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:35:46
Confront her. That's the best you can do. I think at least.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:36:43
She doesn't seem to be worried about good etiquette. If she's doing something illegal you should report her to the management in case something goes wrong and it comes back on her and you knew what she was doing so you might get in trouble too.

Deleted

Guernsey, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:41:00
@angelcake Said

She doesn't seem to be worried about good etiquette. If she's doing something illegal you should report her to the management in case something goes wrong and it comes back on her and you knew what she was doing so you might get in trouble too.

Anyone not qualified is not allowed to touch dispensary medication... When a prescription comes in, she will get the medication and give it to the pharmacist to save time. The Pharmacist will check the medication and hand it out. So even if she did do it wrong, they would correct it before its handed out. I just think its funny how I'm not even allowed in that part of the Pharmacy but she can give out medication? I don't want to report it because that would mean everyone else getting in trouble, and I don't want that. I just want her to suffer the way she has made me suffer...
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:44:28
@CarlyBoo Said

Anyone not qualified is not allowed to touch dispensary medication... When a prescription comes in, she will get the medication and give it to the pharmacist to save time. The Pharmacist will check the medication and hand it out. So even if she did do it wrong, they would correct it before its handed out. I just think its funny how I'm not even allowed in that part of the Pharmacy but she can give out medication? I don't want to report it because that would mean everyone else getting in trouble, and I don't want that. I just want her to suffer the way she has made me suffer...

draw a line on the floor and tell her she's forbidden also next time she tries to take a customer rugby tackle her

Ok not that helpful but I'm sure it'd relieve some tension
Christen On March 03, 2009

Deleted

Medina, Ohio
#6New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:44:39
I would pull her aside and ask her what did I do to you that you have to be rude to me? if it was me thats what I would do then i tell the boss thire is no need to be rude to anyone.

Deleted

Guernsey, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:46:17
@angelcake Said

draw a line on the floor and tell her she's forbidden also next time she tries to take a customer rugby tackle her

Ok not that helpful but I'm sure it'd relieve some tension

Brilliant idea

@Christen Said

I would pull her aside and ask her what did I do to you that you have to be rude to me? if it was me thats what I would do then i tell the boss thire is no need to be rude to anyone.

I think i might have to say something to my boss. I can't handle another 6 months of this...I will get to boiling point and shout at her so bad i could get the sack...I don't want that.
moonlighthopes On May 30, 2015

, Canada
#8New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:46:25
You should still report it. What if the pharmacists felt rushed because of say, a long line or something. They might go "Well she always did it right before" And skip checking, then something could go horribly wrong, and a patient be injured/killed.

You should really report something illegal like that to your supervisor, it's illegal for a reason, no matter how many people check it. I'm pretty sure if there's some sort of liability protection, it doesn't cover those not qualified.

Tell your boss, in a SECRET meeting, one G doesn't know about so she isn't nosey, then also tell your boss you think she might retaliate if she thinks you're the one who told. Tell ALL this to your boss, every workplace has harrassment policies.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#9New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:46:26
@CarlyBoo Said

What compels people to be so damn rude? I mean WTF!!!

There is this girl i work with, we work in such a small environment, i would say about 6 foot by about 20 foot rectangle. And sometimes there is up to 4 or 5 people in this small space, rushing about trying to get things done. Mostly i stay at one end serving customers. The pharmacist will stay at the other. Now you have to be trained to give out medication on a prescription. I am not trained. Neither is this girl lets call her "G". BUT she thinks its ok to go and dispense medication. Which is illegal i might add....She thinks she knows more than me even though shes worked there 6 months longer than me...

She will make it a big deal by talking to another colleague about something private and will go to the other end of this rectangle and whisper and look at me, and I'm strictly not allowed to know what it is that she is saying. BUT when i want to tell one of our colleagues something, and she doesn't quite hear it, she will blatently shout "WHAT WAS THAT?" or she will stare at my lips to try lip read what im saying. I am talking to this person, im not talking to her, so why does she have to know. I made a point of not telling her anything today. I asked my boss a question about my course, and "G" was like "WHAT?" i said "don't worry i was asking Mona, not you" and she walked over to my book and read the question i was asking my boss. How rude???

Also I will be serving a customer and seeings as I am not qualified I cannot recommend anything without telling the pharmacist. Whilst i am asking the pharmacist, she will then recommend something to the customer, sell it to them and whilst walking back with my verdict the customer has walked off.... How am i supposed to learn if she steals all my customers? If she does it all for me?

A colleague said to us "Carly, G who wants a job" and i was so bored i shouted "ME, ME, ME!!!!" and G swoops right in there grabs the book and does the job, literally pushing me out the way.....

I realise this is long but i need a rant, i want to say something to my boss but i don't want to cause friction. I have to be nice to this poor excuse of a human being because we work in such close quarters and it would terribly awkward for everyone if we didn't get along. Thus she thinks she can get away with walking all over me because i don't say anything. HELP!!!!!! I could talk all day about the horrible things she does to me, but I think I've bored you lovely people enough already... Any suggestions?

She's walking all over you because you are "allowing" her to!

Tell you boss; tell him she is constantly trying to get in your businsess when it clearly doesn't concern her.

And IF she is recommending meds to people and isn't qualified yet to (I'm assuming), you definitely need to bring this to the bosses attention! Matter of fact, it's your DUTY to!

Deleted

Guernsey, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:51:10
@loveis Said

She's walking all over you because you are "allowing" her to!

Tell you boss; tell him she is constantly trying to get in your businsess when it clearly doesn't concern her.

And IF she is recommending meds to people and isn't qualified yet to (I'm assuming), you definitely need to bring this to the bosses attention! Matter of fact, it's your DUTY to!

I know shes walking all over me, but like i say, the way to stop her wont be pleasing for everyone else. If we worked in a massive store, we could avoid each other, but we are in such a small place i dont want to cause friction.

She is qualified to recommend medication, i have only just started in october so i haven't finished my course (which i am in the process of doing) I need to talk to my boss i think, its just hard to get her alone, as she is a very busy woman! She takes pride on making the pharmacy the best it can be. If she knew what was going on she wouldn't be happy but theres just no time for us to talk...
moonlighthopes On May 30, 2015

, Canada
#11New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 20:55:38
@CarlyBoo Said

I know shes walking all over me, but like i say, the way to stop her wont be pleasing for everyone else. If we worked in a massive store, we could avoid each other, but we are in such a small place i dont want to cause friction.

She is qualified to recommend medication, i have only just started in october so i haven't finished my course (which i am in the process of doing) I need to talk to my boss i think, its just hard to get her alone, as she is a very busy woman! She takes pride on making the pharmacy the best it can be. If she knew what was going on she wouldn't be happy but theres just no time for us to talk...

You have to MAKE time to talk, when it's something serious like this. Tell her you'll talk to her after work, before work, whenever, and stress that it's IMPORTANT!!!
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#12New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 21:02:35
@CarlyBoo Said

Well if you know for sure the boss wouldn't be happy if she knew, just pull her aside and say, "I know your very busy, but I need to talk to you ALONE for a minute"..
she'll be glad you did...don't let this get out of hand; because believe me, it will, and this manipulative girl will make you look like the bad guy, GUARANTEED!
Nip it in the bud, while you still have the chance!

Deleted

Guernsey, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jan 22, 2009 @ 21:14:33
Thanks guys, I think I'll have a word with the boss tomorrow, we have one of the locums coming in tomorrow to help out, so she should be able to spare 10 minutes... I don't think i can go on much longer. In normal circumstances this would have been sorted out by now, i would have told her myself, i would have set her straight myself. But for the sake of others i can't do that. I can't be selfish, but i can't also put everyone before me. I am coming home stressed and in bad moods because of this girl. I need it sorted. Thank you all again
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs