Technology & Internet

I have to say i love internet explorer 8

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
myk1992 On August 01, 2011

Deleted

Tired out shack :), United Kin
#1New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 20:41:29
Before I start, I must stress that I dont want this to turn into a hating internet explorer topic.

Internet explorer 8 has gone into is 2nd stage of beta testing and I decided to download it and have a look at what it's like, and if i'm 100% honest its fantastic, its got a cleaner display, and happens to be considerably faster than the previous internet explorer.
If this is just a beta version I wonder what the finished one will be like.

If anyone else is using ie8 beta2 please post it in here how you're finding it.

myk1992

*edit*
please if you want to turn this into a hating ie topic please dont post here, critisisms are good though, just to please Lili
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#2New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 20:45:15
I agree. I have both IE 8 and FireFox 3 or whatever, and I gotta say that IE 8 is better then the other one. For some odd reason, firefox uses almost all of my CPU and it slows down my computer. I'm with you, bro!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#3New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 21:24:05
no critisisms allowed? in other words, no opposing opinions allowed...this is a public forum, good luck with that one.

I have tried IE8, but since my experience with was rather negative, I guess I'm not allowed to contribute to this conversation

Deleted

#4New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 21:33:08
@Lili Said

no critisisms allowed? in other words, no opposing opinions allowed...this is a public forum, good luck with that one.

I have tried IE8, but since my experience with was rather negative, I guess I'm not allowed to contribute to this conversation

i'm not saying that i dont want any like negative points that ie8 offers but i just don't want this topic turning into a "We hate internet explorer" topic were everyone moans about everything else.
Selene_Dendawga On August 13, 2009

Rocklin, California
#5New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 21:40:00
I wish I could try the new IE on my computer, but the one at home doesn't seem to want IE to go online. And I can't IE at work.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#6New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 21:41:01
That's not what you said. You said, "so if you have any critisisms please keep them to yourself."
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#7New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 21:42:28
I tend to avoid betas like the plague, but since I have a second computer, sorry a third computer, I might aswell try it

Deleted

#8New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 21:48:57
@Lili Said

That's not what you said. You said, "so if you have any critisisms please keep them to yourself."

there you go I put a nice edit in there just for you.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#9New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 21:51:23
thank you for the edit, lol

I tried IE8 and hated it because it messed up several websites, and it's IE7 and IE6 imitation modes didn't work either, so I uninstalled it and put IE7 back on.
wristband On July 19, 2009

Emerald City,
#10New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 21:52:08
I'm glad that you enjoy IE8, and that it's working well for you. I know that you don't want to turn this into a IE-hating thread, and I understand that. I just want to add some experience I've had with it.

At work, for whatever reason, we are only allowed IE as an internet browser. I use it to look up data on products, compare prices for new stuff, email reports to managers, etc. Last week a manager download the beta. So far, it's frozen about twice a day. About 1 out of every 10 pages it skews the layout. You are right, it is pretty fast, but not any faster than much older versions of Netscape, Firefox, Chrome or Minefield (another Mozilla browser). It is, however, faster than previous versions of IE.

If you're an IE lover, or just prefer to play it safe and use the Microsoft browser that's probably default on your system, I recommend it. That is, if you have a decent amount of RAM (as it is, like most of windows--especially Vista--a resource hog) and a decent internet connection.

I'll stick to firefox, as with all of its add-ons and the ability for the user to modify the way it connects, downloads, etc., it's the fastest and most supported browser I've ever used.

Deleted

#11New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 22:02:03
@wristband Said

I'm glad that you enjoy IE8, and that it's working well for you. I know that you don't want to turn this into a IE-hating thread, and I understand that. I just want to add some experience I've had with it.

At work, for whatever reason, we are only allowed IE as an internet browser. I use it to look up data on products, compare prices for new stuff, email reports to managers, etc. Last week a manager download the beta. So far, it's frozen about twice a day. About 1 out of every 10 pages it skews the layout. You are right, it is pretty fast, but not any faster than much older versions of Netscape, Firefox, Chrome or Minefield (another Mozilla browser). It is, however, faster than previous versions of IE.

If you're an IE lover, or just prefer to play it safe and use the Microsoft browser that's probably default on your system, I recommend it. That is, if you have a decent amount of RAM (as it is, like most of windows--especially Vista--a resource hog) and a decent internet connection.

I'll stick to firefox, as with all of its add-ons and the ability for the user to modify the way it connects, downloads, etc., it's the fastest and most supported browser I've ever used.

Ah well I see where you are coming from, I generally only use the internet at home and i'm not home that often, but I imagine it must be extremely frustrating when you are trying to do work and it crashes, as it is still a beta version though, I dont know if microsoft will sort out these bugs or not?
I do occasionally use firefox but because i've been using ie for so long it takes me a while to get the hang of it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs