The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Health & Fitness:
Mental Health

mental health problems, do to relationship.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
macgyver89 On January 19, 2009

albany, Australia
#1New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 00:15:49
Hi all,

well i really have no idea whats going on in my life atm. I started dating this woman about 4 months ago, we had been talking for 2 years previously and apparently she really liked me. so now 4 months into it, and i've basically fallen for her. But my mind is always ticking over, thinking does she feel the same.. she's only 18, and im 21, and it doesnt feel she wants to catch up that often, she has many other mates, and i know she's only 18, but i'm just not sure...

any help would be appreciated! Typing all this out now, it doesnt sound like that much of a big deal, but when your thinking about it 24/7 and find it hard to do anything else, it is a big deal.

thanks all.
xxKryptikxx On August 15, 2009

Lakewood, Washington
#2New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 01:13:18
Just talk to her about it. I know it might be hard to bring up or you don't want to, but it'll always be at the forefront of your mind and you'll never know for sure if you don't.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#3New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 02:03:03
what on earth does this have to do with mental health? sounds like completely normal thoughts that can come up in the beginning of relationships...

as for advice... i would say to just try to relax and not put so much pressure on things so soon into it... theres not that much of an age difference; ur both young... let dating be fun and go to the flow...

but if a serious and committed relationship is what you want, then maybe just ask her if thats what she wants... just ask directly what she wants... if she wants the same thing, then mention the things that are worrying you... if she just wants casual... well, then... i guess you'd have to either be cool with that and go with the flow... or tell her that you'd need more than that to continue seeing each other...

just some thoughts... dont know if they help much, but there they are...
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#4New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 02:19:38
I read this earlier, it's not mental health, it's psychological age. You are technically a grownup able to go where as you please. She's the legal age but there are still some places she can't go that you can. Also, there are many mature 18 yr. olds ready to take on the world; she doesn't sound like one of them. Since she's younger she has to lead the show and if you can't accept that, move on. You want her to be the person she is, so that you'll both be happy. That may be a small age gap in years, but you can't always go by a number. How old does she act? Calm down, go slow. She sounds normal to me.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#5New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 02:56:30
@macgyver89 Said

Hi all,

well i really have no idea whats going on in my life atm. I started dating this woman about 4 months ago, we had been talking for 2 years previously and apparently she really liked me. so now 4 months into it, and i've basically fallen for her. But my mind is always ticking over, thinking does she feel the same.. she's only 18, and im 21, and it doesnt feel she wants to catch up that often, she has many other mates, and i know she's only 18, but i'm just not sure...

any help would be appreciated! Typing all this out now, it doesnt sound like that much of a big deal, but when your thinking about it 24/7 and find it hard to do anything else, it is a big deal.

thanks all.

You'll never be sure until you talk to her about your feelings.
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#6New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 03:08:33
Pretty sure this sounds like she's cheating on you with her sister.
beccyanne On January 22, 2009

Perth, Australia
#7New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 12:03:46
At your age I'm sure this is very serious, but i agree with some of the other posters....this is an area for REAL mental health issues, not things of the heart for young adults. People I think come here who have real medical conditions which have been diagnosed by a medical professional, with respect, I think you shouldn't be in this section.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs