Pages: << · 1 2
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#16New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 21:18:34
@aceuvclubs Said

Didn't GM make the EEV back in the early 90's

That was not a production vehicle, nor was it on sale to the general public.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#17New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 21:19:51
Oh that's right, it was lease only, and with long a** line
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#18New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 21:20:39
@Allyson Said

They all have been shafted by the outsourcing,when will they see that, less jobs, less people buying,look at the labels on the things your buying.
This was the big downfall

I dont think thats the problem. Most jobs that have been outsourced are call center and computer programing jobs. This is a small area of the market. and outsourcing has been going on forever. It use to be manufacturing.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#19New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 21:20:54
@perliaa Said

I forget where I saw it it was on tv a guy who invented an electric trying to get his cars on the market.
If they have so many electric cars why not advertise them in comercials the last time I googled and looked for electric cars it was 3 months back or so all i got was in the futur 2012 or later.

I see commercials for Ford Escape Hybrids, Cadillac Escalade Hybrids, and Chevy Malibu Hybrids all the time, among others.

The Chevy Volt will be a totally different kind of hybrid - a plug-in hybrid that has a gasoline engine only for backup duty. It can go 40 miles without needing to use the engine and can be plugged in to recharge.

It'll be available in 2010... and, believe me, there will be a huge marketing blitz to accompany it.

The Volt has been all over the automotive press and featured at every auto show.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#20New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 21:22:39
@jonnythan Said

I see commercials for Ford Escape Hybrids, Cadillac Escalade Hybrids, and Chevy Malibu Hybrids all the time, among others.

The Chevy Volt will be a totally different kind of hybrid - a plug-in hybrid that has a gasoline engine only for backup duty. It'll be available in 2010... and, believe me, there will be a huge marketing blitz to accompany it.

The Volt has been all over the automotive press and featured at every auto show.

I have read some articles saying the R and D of the volt is costing way more than they expected. They wanted to sell it for under 25,000 and now they dont think they will even be able to sell it for under 35,000.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#21New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 21:23:26
If the govt is going to continue to help private business, I wish they'd come help the one supporting my family, damnit.
f***heads.
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#22New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 22:08:52
@jonnythan Said

The Chevy Volt will be a totally different kind of hybrid - a plug-in hybrid that has a gasoline engine only for backup duty. It can go 40 miles without needing to use the engine and can be plugged in to recharge.

It'll be available in 2010... and, believe me, there will be a huge marketing blitz to accompany it.

Yes 2010 they are not available yet its a future promise.
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#23New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 22:11:58
@jonnythan Said

the battery for this car will be made here in Michigan,
ministumblin On January 21, 2009

Deleted

#24New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 22:17:44
While I disagree with this practice, there is one thing that is for certain. We will not start acting in the interest of the 'big picture' until we can see personal value in the 'little picture'.

i.e. we won't start reducing oil consumption and emissions until it starts hitting our pockets.

I mean, how short sighted are we? Do we honestly believe we've seen the end of high gas prices? Do we honestly believe that they aren't going back up in the summer? Or in 2010?

What is this, amnesia? People buying low mpg trucks because gas is cheap again. WTF? Do they have some sort of price lock in at the local gas station that I don't?

The only logical thing to do is to make purchases based on summer 2008 gas prices. Because we are going to see them again.
Selene_Dendawga On August 13, 2009

Rocklin, California
#25New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 22:27:55
Ugh.

Honestly, do all Americans have enough money to go out and buy all electric cars? And even if everyone did, there's going to be a problem with the big oil company because everyone went green and yadda, yadda, yadda. People probably aren't out buying cars because so many are out of work and things like that. Prices are on the rise again, but if they go out of hand, your whole economy will go to s*** and no one's gonna buy a car because they can't afford it.

I agree, what the heck is up with automakers? I understand you're suffering like everyone else, but the government's not stepping in and making my neighbor woke three days a week so I can have the other three days at his job. Things aren't fair. If you start pushing out decent looking all electric cars for a reasonable price, people will buy them. If you're putting out crap so people will buy it, they're not going to buy it after the first three cars explode off the lot.

Or am I just using too much common sense?
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#26New Post! Jan 15, 2009 @ 02:22:06
@jonnythan Said

Oh yes.

Brilliant.

Let's have the government regulate the price of a commodity in order to keep a private business afloat.

Hey, GM! Chrysler!

f*** YOU!

Hah! I couldn't have said it better myself.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs