The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Religion

According to most religions, this world is only 5000 years old. So do they believ

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
thirteen31 On October 21, 2009

Left of Centre, Canada
#61New Post! Jan 13, 2009 @ 01:54:48
@trillian Said

...they obviously measured time differently back in the biblical days.

Actually they did, the calendar that they were using at the time had a different number of days in a year.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#62New Post! Jan 13, 2009 @ 18:46:06
@Prejudge Said

Guess what? I didn't wish anything, I asked a simple question.

Can you tell me this, if I were to say to you, why don't you kill yourself? Whatever that reason is, wouldn't you think, maybe, even for a second that I was deep down wishing you would kill yourself?

Fine, honest answer:
1. To kill yourself would be murder, as, having someone else kill you on your behalf is also killing yourself, still murder. Wouldn't make it to Heaven that way...... so...... yeah.

2. Believe it or not, I personally feel that the sooner I kick the bucket, the better for all out there. I'm just not going to cheat to get there.
eiyapet On September 20, 2009

, Ohio
#63New Post! Jan 13, 2009 @ 21:48:47
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Garden of Eden, Eve was the woman who lived in the Garden of Eden. Would you mind telling me in the Bible where it says there were giant lizards? I highly doubt, if man roamed with dinosaur at any point in time, that human would be alive at all today. There are various reasons for it, but the two that are the biggest:
1. A comet caused an ice age that killed the dinosaurs, so all humanity would have been wiped out at that point in time too.
2. Dinosaurs are really, really big.... if, the human's were not wiped out by getting eaten by many carniverous dinos, then we would have been stepped on by the homniverous ones.

Watch Jurassic Park.

Check out Job 40:15-24.

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; ( Meaning at the same time during the creation of the Earth and all of it's inhabitants) he eateth grass as an ox.
16 Lo now, his strength [is] in his loins, and his force [is] in the navel of his belly.( No dinosaurs do not have a navel since they lay eggs. But, the correct Hebrew translation for the word used here - sharir - is closer to hard muscle )
17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. ( Wow, that's a big tail - kind of like a brontosaurus tail maybe? )
18 His bones [are as] strong pieces of brass; his bones [are] like bars of iron.
19 He [is] the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his
sword to approach [unto him].
20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
22 The shady trees cover him [with] their shadow; the willows of the brook
compass him about.
23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, [and] hasteth not: he trusteth that he
can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
24 He taketh it with his eyes: [his] nose pierceth through snares.

Just a thought...
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#64New Post! Jan 13, 2009 @ 23:25:41
@eiyapet Said

Check out Job 40:15-24.

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; ( Meaning at the same time during the creation of the Earth and all of it's inhabitants) he eateth grass as an ox.
16 Lo now, his strength [is] in his loins, and his force [is] in the navel of his belly.( No dinosaurs do not have a navel since they lay eggs. But, the correct Hebrew translation for the word used here - sharir - is closer to hard muscle )
17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. ( Wow, that's a big tail - kind of like a brontosaurus tail maybe? )
18 His bones [are as] strong pieces of brass; his bones [are] like bars of iron.
19 He [is] the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his
sword to approach [unto him].
20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
22 The shady trees cover him [with] their shadow; the willows of the brook
compass him about.
23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, [and] hasteth not: he trusteth that he
can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
24 He taketh it with his eyes: [his] nose pierceth through snares.

Just a thought...

That is very interesting.... I've not yet read that passage, well, until just now when I read your post.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#65New Post! Jan 13, 2009 @ 23:30:54
@Prejudge Said

According to most religions, this world is only 5000 years old. So do they believe in dinosaurs?

I mean how does that work? Dinosaurs are around 75 million years old. I'm not a rocket mathematician(joke) or anything, but if you consider yourself a religious person, wouldn't that contradict those teachings? And before you try and debunk carbon dating, remember the bible, quran, adn others were carbon dated.

There are only like 5 major religions in this world, can you specify which ones please
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs