Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Phone Companies

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 15:13:44
I lost my phone and sim card the other week so I tried to call up my service provider (Blyk). The smug lady on the phone said that the information I gave them including MY OWN NAME and my mother's name was incorrect. No I remember signing up to Blyk in the first place and my name was spelt correctly, as was my mothers, so I don't see how it's not letting her access my information. She then told me to go onto the website and input my information, so I did. Trouble is, when I tried to log in it said my account didn't exist.
WTF?

So now I'm stuck with my grandmother's old phone that's on Tesco mobile, all because the bloody people at Blyk are smug prats.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 15:15:15
Oh phone companies are s***, don't go with 3 cause they just hassle you all the time, they called me twice a day for about two months. So I cancelled my contract. Haha. Pricks.
Selene_Dendawga On August 13, 2009

Rocklin, California
#3New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 15:18:14
I only have mine because work gave me a really big discount though them. But I have them for my home phone, and they're freaking jerks! My first day with my home phone, nothing worked. And then I couldn't call anyone that didn't live ten minutes around. The told me "it's outside your calling range even if it's the same city." Freaking jerks!

Strangely, my cell phone plan and service comes with smiles and no jerks. But I still hate them so much!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#4New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 15:18:38
When I first bought this house, I was getting automated phone calls from sprint telling me that I owed them money. Apparently the previous owner of the telephone number I had owed them money.

I called them to tell them that their system was calling me incorrectly, as I didn't have a sprint account, and they told me that they couldn't stop the calls unless I had the account number.

How the f*** could I have the account number if it wasn't my account? Oddly enough, a quick call from my lawyer cleared it right up.
PhoenixNebula On February 25, 2010
TFS' village idiot.

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 15:22:37
If you registered with then on the phone, chances are it's their fault your info is incorrect.
Gareth had a similar problem. They said all his info didn't match, and it's because he registered with them by phone and they put all his info in wrong!

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 15:23:37
Ok so I phoned them up again and they said they couldn't help me because of the Data Protection Act. It's my bloody data they're protecting in the first place!

I hate technology.
Selene_Dendawga On August 13, 2009

Rocklin, California
#7New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 15:26:51
They don't have a physical location you can go to? I mean, you can prove you're you in person...

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 15:28:51
@Selene_Dendawga Said

They don't have a physical location you can go to? I mean, you can prove you're you in person...

No, as it's a small phone company it doesn't have a shop, bloody typical. They said my address was valid, just not anything else.
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#9New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 15:49:34
@sister_of_mercy Said

No, as it's a small phone company it doesn't have a shop, bloody typical. They said my address was valid, just not anything else.

Don't that just piss you off when a stranger tells you, that you can't spell your own name.

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 15:51:42
@dlsharp Said

Don't that just piss you off when a stranger tells you, that you can't spell your own name.

I know! How patronising.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs