For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so...Tomas Jefferson November

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#1New Post! Jan 06, 2009 @ 19:10:13
Quote:
For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well organized and armed militia is their best security. , Tomas Jefferson Eighth Annual Message, November 8, 1808

There seems to be some question about why some Americans are strongly opposed to 'gun control' laws and to stubborn about keeping our firearms.
It really is a very simple and easy question to answer.
The men that we Americans call " Our Founding Fathers" Fought to establish a nation that would be FREE to stop any government that tries to 'Oppress and tyrannize or to enslave the press or disarm the populace'.

Quote:

Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

And down though the history of our Nation most Americans have been and still are willing to shed blood for what Our Founding fathers wrote on that piece of paper called "The Constitution of the United States". this second quote says all I have ever needed to understand how 'UNLAWFUL' it is for my government to try and take away my " Right to Keep and Bear Arms"
The rest of the quotes and the links will answer any questions anyone could possibly have about Americans and their fire arms .

Here is the first sentence in a letter Tomas Jefferson wrote to Colonel Edward Carrington about the perpetrators of Shay's Rebellion.
Quote:
I am persuaded myself that the good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army. They may be led astray for a moment, but will soon correct themselves
Tomas Jefferson

Quote:
The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

Quote:
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.

~ Noah Webster
Noah Webster was born on October 16, 1758, in the West Division of Hartford.

https://www.famous-quote.net/quotes-firearms.shtml

https://www.lexrex.com/bios/nwebster.htm
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#2New Post! Jan 06, 2009 @ 19:33:56
Americans don't wanna be europeans, else we'd a stayed there.
jinks On May 17, 2009

Deleted

no place in particular,
#3New Post! Jan 06, 2009 @ 19:43:33
Who will police the police ...
It s clear what the founding fathers intended.
Thank you for bringing it to our attention once again.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#4New Post! Jan 06, 2009 @ 20:31:36
VoidStalker On March 10, 2010

detroit,
#5New Post! Jan 07, 2009 @ 06:37:24
@iwannano Said

A most excellent post!
I have to admit, I was beginning to grow a bit upset with the forum community for seemingly not paying attention to what has been going on in recent decades both within the USA and around the world. There are hard times coming for the world, and if you choose not to know what is happening, shame on you.

I'll be watching this thread for good posts. And thank you iwannano for your OP.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#6New Post! Jan 07, 2009 @ 06:43:40
There does seem to be a problem(IMO) with 'head in the sand' where Americans are concerned.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#7New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 08:52:51
"Who will police the police"?
thats a very good question, anyone have any ideas ?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs