Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
xxdeceivingeyesxx On April 19, 2009

Deleted

nowhere, California
#16New Post! Jan 07, 2009 @ 08:13:47
I kind of look at it this way.
Even though the war is un-finished and there are risks involved (as there is to everything) we are soon to have a new president who claims he will lead us in a different direction, so why keep fighting for something that was by the will of an older leader who's direction he wanted to lead us in (which in my opinion) is opposite?
stardar On January 28, 2009

blah,
#17New Post! Jan 07, 2009 @ 08:18:59
@chisa96 Said

i think its way past that due time as well... there are a people over there though, that dont want to withdraw... it would be like their buddies who died there died for nothing then... they want to stay until something is accomplished to give the deaths validation...

i can see their point... though i doubt anything will be accomplished thats worth even more lives...

but then again, ive never been there, so what do i know...

@xxdeceivingeyesxx Said

I kind of look at it this way.
Even though the war is un-finished and there are risks involved (as there is to everything) we are soon to have a new president who claims he will lead us in a different direction, so why keep fighting for something that was by the will of an older leader who's direction he wanted to lead us in (which in my opinion) is opposite?

I think we have done all we can do for them, besides rebuild what we have torn down. I mean, how many years have we been there, and what do we have to show for it?

Deleted

nowhere, California
#18New Post! Jan 07, 2009 @ 08:22:36
@stardar Said

I think we have done all we can do for them, besides rebuild what we have torn down. I mean, how many years have we been there, and what do we have to show for it?

Good point.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#19New Post! Jan 07, 2009 @ 08:23:13
im just saying... if i was actually fighting over there... i dont think i would want to leave... its such a mess still, and we've sacrificed so much, but nothing is finished yet... as is, i have lost nothing to the war, so i say get the hell out...

its like poker... you start in with a big bet... but then you realize you're not gonna win the hand... its still hard to fold when youve already put money into it...

Deleted

nowhere, California
#20New Post! Jan 07, 2009 @ 08:28:02
@chisa96 Said

im just saying... if i was actually fighting over there... i dont think i would want to leave... its such a mess still, and we've sacrificed so much, but nothing is finished yet... as is, i have lost nothing to the war, so i say get the hell out...

its like poker... you start in with a big bet... but then you realize you're not gonna win the hand... its still hard to fold when youve already put money into it...

Do you think they really want us over there though?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jan 07, 2009 @ 08:59:06
We cant just suddenly withdraw, it has to be done very slowly. Most of the troops are there simply to try and keep the peace and some order and to teach people how to carry on with life and help rebuild. A soldier does so much more than killing.

I think this year we will see the begin of the clear up for now, until the next time.
stardar On January 28, 2009

blah,
#22New Post! Jan 07, 2009 @ 09:09:13
@treebee Said

We cant just suddenly withdraw, it has to be done very slowly. Most of the troops are there simply to try and keep the peace and some order and to teach people how to carry on with life and help rebuild. A soldier does so much more than killing.

I think this year we will see the begin of the clear up for now, until the next time.

It is going to take some time. I'd say we are looking at a year at the least to pull everyone out of there.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#23New Post! Jan 07, 2009 @ 09:13:56
@xxdeceivingeyesxx Said

Do you think they really want us over there though?

it depends on which 'they' you are talking about... i dont even think a lot those 'theys' want to be there themselves...
allentx On June 11, 2009

Deleted

allen,
#24New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 20:45:19
@Hinckleylad Said

i believe it is time for all uk and usa troops to be withdrawn from the middle east conflicts,i feel in the present climate of hostilities,these countries should now be left to resolve their own problems, too many lives have been lost from our brave servicemen/women, and for what?

this region will never know peace, withdraw now and let them implode.

Sorry, no can do..Now that they are planning on leaving Iraq, there is another Arab country that may very well possibly have WMD's
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs