Forums: Science:
Sociology

Need some really passionate sociology students to look at my learning theory

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mayfieldga On January 02, 2009

Jacksonville,
#1New Post! Jan 02, 2009 @ 04:09:03
I have developed a learning theory that will free us from the horrible teachings of fixed intelligences and provide us with tools to improve thinking, learning, motivation, and mental/emotional health. I would like for all to read, copy, and hopefull find other persons who would be interested. It will go to all on request.

It provides two cognitive tools. The first tool: It redefines average stress as layers of mental frictions. Try to visualize and upright rectangle representing our full ability to think, learn, and use for mental work. Now draw in from the bottom, narrowly spaced, horizontal lines to represent layers of mental frictions. The leftover space shows our leftover ability to think and learn new mental work. The idea here is to show how our individual environments greatly affect thinking. Also it shows how we can more permanently reduce layers of mental frictions to continually improve our thinking, learning, motivation (mental reward received for mental work expended), and mental/emotional health. I feel as those layers of mental frictions accumulate sufficiently toward the top (as can happen to all of us) it creates psychological suffering and also shorter reflection time that in turn, leads to many escapes such as drug/alcohol abuse, violence, and sucide. By learning how to more permanently reduce layers of mental frictions we give hope to everyone. I hope through my profile others will take notice of this theory and make use of it.
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#2New Post! Jan 02, 2009 @ 06:13:09
Awesome. 8)
gypsyrhapsody On May 30, 2009

#3New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 02:39:34
Yeah, i have no idea what you are talking about and how it relates to sociology. Best of luck to your theory, try psychology, that is the field it falls under.

I took me a long time to understand the difference, partially because I had preconceived notions of what sociology was. As an ambitious sociology student, active article pusher and TA, I suggest you contact the psych department.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 02:49:15
i don't think that makes very much sense and has little to back it up.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs