AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 13:52:37
@ShadyFx8 Said

we wont find any factual truth with that attitude

We won't find it with any attitude.
Unless some lovely chap pulls himself up out of the ground to let us all know that there is actually no God of any kind and we all just turn to worm food, I don't see us finding out anytime soon. Though, if that does happen then I will happily stand corrected.
PhoenixNebula On February 25, 2010
TFS' village idiot.

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 13:55:38
@ShadyFx8 Said

You DO have inner strength to leave emotions at the door and have some maturity to see what beliefs and the actions the cause effect the world.
Of course we all have the strength. Doesn't mean I WANT to leave my emotions behind. Why should I have to? This is, after all, a thread for all who wish to comment on? We all have our own opinions?
One thing I cannot understand however, is that you seem to know alot about religion in detail, yet you wish to s*** on it and not really care if you upset anyone in the process.
If you're looking for an online arguement, or to start a ripple of annoyance, I fear you have come to the wrong place.
I think it's such a shame that you have shot yourself in the foot.
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#20New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 15:30:32
@ShadyFx8 Said

On these forums I estimate from repeated observations that about 80% of you are escapists, 10% atheist and 5% Christians, 5% strong deist or other religion

What I mean by escapist is someone who doesn?t care about truth at all as long as it doesn?t endanger them. Like If a little girl said ?I can fly, I can fly? as a rationalist I would say ?no you cant you stupid little girl (after asking her to prove it of course)? an escapist would say ?if you believe you can believe it with all your heart?

When it comes to religion lets say the question gets asked ?what do you think of Christians?

I would say ?I think almost all forms and sects of Christians are bats*** insane and I would be happy to debate anyone on this?

An escapist would say ?everyone has the right to believe in what they want and if it brings them joy then its good, all religions pray to the same god blah blah blah?

Deep down you either have be an atheist who is a real pussy or a religious person who gets gratification knowing people are going to hell.

Please, You have to see the consequences of beliefs and how they go with whatever the real truth is. What if the west burrow Baptist church is right? don?t dismiss them because they bring a possible unpleasing truth to the table. There is real consequences for beliefs and hearts have to get broken sometimes. What if we all just said ?global warming? No that would be terrible everything is going to be just fine?

And I think you should empower yourself by giving a real opinion rather then just trying to please everyone around you

I am curious. In what kind of debate do you hope to engage with people whom you classify as "bats*** insane"? No doubt it would be bad for your lungs. bybee
ShadyFx8 On October 11, 2017

cairns, Australia
#21New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 15:42:57
@bybee Said

I am curious. In what kind of debate do you hope to engage with people whom you classify as "bats*** insane"? No doubt it would be bad for your lungs. bybee

Cant you get past semantics
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 15:57:22
some people on these forums will not digest your post and give you the answers you seek, others will bait you, call you and antagonise you to give an outburst.

from experience i feel it is good to make a point, then let those who attack you make theirs, remember lots of people view posts but do not post on each subject becuase they are scared of getting the same negative reaction from the regular posters who seem to police each and every thread.

just because many people do not post on your thread does not mean that some out there do not find it interesting,
maybe they even agree with you, but being aggressive in arguments serves your purpose no good at all.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs