The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Have you ever been the victim or witness to a crime?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#1New Post! Dec 25, 2008 @ 03:06:09
Myself, I have. I still find it hard to talk about.

What about yourself?
What did you learn?
What did you experience?
Did you have to testify in a trial?
Do you still suffer from memories you just want to throw out of your mind?

What happened?
Years later (if applicable) -- what are the lingering repurcussions or consequences?

Myself, I have grown harder. Where I wasn't prejudiced before -- I now look at males of that type -- that did what they did, as if I still want to spit on them.

Do you ever let your guard down, afterward?
emmerz4life On April 10, 2009

, United States (general)
#2New Post! Dec 25, 2008 @ 03:25:03
yes. thats all im going to say. it still haunts me to this day.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#3New Post! Dec 25, 2008 @ 03:33:11
I think i f***ed up my memory. Literally.

I think, by constantly pushing the past out of my mind, I denied my "memory muscles" to develop further.

I used to get "flashbacks". And I taught myself to push down and out the memories. And now today, I wonder what is wrong with my memory. I think i f***ed up it's ability to saturate my mind with anything but the future.

I hope you can get over it. I hope. There is some truth to this "Post Traumatic Stress" disorder. It really does f*** up your memory, because for years you just deny your brain the practice of using it's memory.

I went for years convincing myself -- I had or would "forgive" the perpetrators (because that's what christianity had taught me to do).

I now know I would stab to death the SOB's that ruined my life. I never "forgave", I simply denied myself the anger, by pretending I was ok.

We need to talk here people.
emmerz4life On April 10, 2009

, United States (general)
#4New Post! Dec 25, 2008 @ 03:53:27
ok the guys name was vern and he said he was like 25 or early 20s i found out later he was married and had like 3 kids. one time icalled his house and his wife answered the phone and i said i didnt know he hadda wife she chewed me out. then that night vern called me all hours of the night and woke both me and my mom up. my mom said he sounded persistant and pathetic. believe me looking back on it he was.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#5New Post! Dec 25, 2008 @ 04:00:03
Screw Vern. If he messed with you, to hell with it. If you are really only 22-years old, get your anger out and then let it go.

I never got my anger out. I stifled it. (I think I'm going to join a gym this next year. I have a lot of slugging to do.)

I was the "victim" (i hate that word) of a home-invasion robbery. Only by the grace of God or luck or whatever, do i still write -- to this day.

The next day, after I woke up, and I realized I was still alive, I felt as if I'd won the lottery. Seriously. I was on top of the world, opposed to everything that had really happened.

Problem is, i swept the whole situation and ordeal under the rug, and it is still haunting me to this day. I'd like to choke the sob's.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#6New Post! Dec 25, 2008 @ 04:46:57
I came home from work one day to find some one had broke into my house and taken just about everything I had owned. from tools and knic knacks ,my fire arms my saddle , coffee pot, alarm clock , some non replaceable keepsakes even my telephone . Knowing that someone now knew I was without protection (my guns) and had no way to call for help (my phone) kept me up all nite swinging between fear and anger. Then haveing to leave my house to go to work the next morning was probally one of the hardest things I had faced at the time. The lock had been broken so I was leaving my home unlocked and for all intents and purposes open .Then my anger when I relized it didn't really matter because I had nothing left to protect with locks just about made me crazy. Every time I went to a store to buy and replace what had been stolen seemed to increasethat anger. It took a long time before I could find any 'worth or enjoyment' in anything I owned because I couldn't get past the anger and the thought that everything that was gone was worth a 100 times what replaced it. It is very hard to feel comfortable in your home when that home has been defiled/invaded . it has been almost ten years and everything stolen then has been replaced,except for the keepsakes even though I have aquired different keepsakes . But at times I will 'forget' and look for a certain favorite tool or a book or remember a specail keepsake , one thing that pisses me off alot is the saddle I bought to replace the stolen one never seems as easy riding and at the end of a long day the anger comes right back and of course when I'm tired and sore from a hard days work and angry at something long over and in the past that I can't get over.
rjh01 On April 14, 2023

Canberra, Australia
#7New Post! Dec 25, 2008 @ 05:55:54
I got broken into once. Lucky he did not steal much from me. I think he ran when the neighbours came home. He had just done their property as well. Police were no good. Took hours to come around (after three phone calls). Then never heard from them again.

After that we improved security. So did the neighbours. They still got broken into at least once if not twice. The police did not even come round on those occasions. They eventually moved out.

For months afterwards if I could not find anything I wondered if he had taken it.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#8New Post! Dec 25, 2008 @ 06:03:11
Edited!!! Yes I have been a victim.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#9New Post! Dec 25, 2008 @ 06:05:39
I remember one time, having our house robbed. There were three guys living there, plus myself and yet, magically, at the one single moment we were all gone, it got broken into and a lot of things were stolen.

It was weird thinking that the one time our guard was down, they were there, like vultures.

I was the "victim" of another "home invasion" robbery, before the second one. The guys that broke in, were killed by one of the roommates -- with a shotgun. BOOM! BOOM! -- and both were dead.

I don't know why my life has been filled with so many unreal experiences. But it has left me scarred to the point I trust no one or anything, and yet, i don't even care anymore.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs