The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Christmas eve - bring your kids to work day!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
little1 On July 17, 2011

London Town, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 10:08:09
My oh my! So it?s Christmas again and for someone who complains ?jingle? all the way, MAN I LOVE CHRISTMAS EVE! The excitement, the anticipation, adrenalin pumps through my body and spills out my mouth in the form of Christmas carols. My hips swing and sway to Mariah Carrey?s Christmas hit and there is a definite bounce in my step. There is just no bringing me down on Christmas Eve!

Today is Christmas eve and in true tradition it?s ?bring your sprogs to work day?. I am surrounded by little ones who have faces wild with excitement. The trading floor has been transformed into a playroom. My stationery cupboard has been turned into a treasure chest filled with time killing delights! Kids can?t sit still at the best of times but today is extra special. We haven?t even cracked open the lemonade yet but everyone is bouncing off the walls. And the funny thing I really fancy joining them!

Santa is coming to the office later and I?ll be damned if I?m going to miss out on the fun just because I don?t have a kid! Our whole 8th floor has been turned into a grotto. We?re talking trees, lights, tinsel, toys, food, music, dancers and even a pantomime at 12noon. It wouldn?t surprise me if they?ve got a real reindeer up there! The guy who sits behind me has 3 kids so he?s going to lend me his 8 month old baby so I can go up to the party and party with Santa for a few hours.

Children have no volume control! Some of the funny things I?ve heard this morning;
?You can sit here and play on this computer but don?t touch these buttons.? Several moments later, ?DAAAAAD! The screens have gone funny! What?s bl bl bloom be berg??

?Could someone sort out the TVs and put CCBeebie on instead of CNBC??

?Your 3 year old is chewing my headset.?

?DAAAAD, is piss off a swear word??

?Jingle balls, jingle balls, jingle all the way!?
?Don?t you mean, jingle bells??
?YEEEEES! THAT?S WHAT I SAID SILLY!! JINGLE BALLS, JINGLE BALLS, JINGLE ALL THE WAY!?

?Doughnuts all gone. Okay, let?s go home dad.?

?CARA! Take that highlighter out of your mouth. Your mum is going to kill me, your teeth are bright green!!?

WOOHOO! I love it, I love them. Come on kids, let?s start a conga line and get this party started.
roBingoodfElLOW On January 06, 2010
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#2New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 10:12:11
@little1 Said

My oh my! So it?s Christmas again and for someone who complains ?jingle? all the way, MAN I LOVE CHRISTMAS EVE! The excitement, the anticipation, adrenalin pumps through my body and spills out my mouth in the form of Christmas carols. My hips swing and sway to Mariah Carrey?s Christmas hit and there is a definite bounce in my step. There is just no bringing me down on Christmas Eve!

Today is Christmas eve and in true tradition it?s ?bring your sprogs to work day?. I am surrounded by little ones who have faces wild with excitement. The trading floor has been transformed into a playroom. My stationery cupboard has been turned into a treasure chest filled with time killing delights! Kids can?t sit still at the best of times but today is extra special. We haven?t even cracked open the lemonade yet but everyone is bouncing off the walls. And the funny thing I really fancy joining them!

Santa is coming to the office later and I?ll be damned if I?m going to miss out on the fun just because I don?t have a kid! Our whole 8th floor has been turned into a grotto. We?re talking trees, lights, tinsel, toys, food, music, dancers and even a pantomime at 12noon. It wouldn?t surprise me if they?ve got a real reindeer up there! The guy who sits behind me has 3 kids so he?s going to lend me his 8 month old baby so I can go up to the party and party with Santa for a few hours.

Children have no volume control! Some of the funny things I?ve heard this morning;
?You can sit here and play on this computer but don?t touch these buttons.? Several moments later, ?DAAAAAD! The screens have gone funny! What?s bl bl bloom be berg??

?Could someone sort out the TVs and put CCBeebie on instead of CNBC??

?Your 3 year old is chewing my headset.?

?DAAAAD, is piss off a swear word??

?Jingle balls, jingle balls, jingle all the way!?
?Don?t you mean, jingle bells??
?YEEEEES! THAT?S WHAT I SAID SILLY!! JINGLE BALLS, JINGLE BALLS, JINGLE ALL THE WAY!?

?Doughnuts all gone. Okay, let?s go home dad.?

?CARA! Take that highlighter out of your mouth. Your mum is going to kill me, your teeth are bright green!!?

WOOHOO! I love it, I love them. Come on kids, let?s start a conga line and get this party started.

What if i told you i'd just run this puppy over.
Jaimie On September 18, 2016
Pushed by Boredom

St. Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 10:13:17
@RobinGoodfellow Said

Only you would say that.

Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#4New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 10:17:43
@Jaimie Said

Only you would say that.

little1 On July 17, 2011

#5New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 10:48:16
@RobinGoodfellow Said

I'd say, "What hell has that got to do with Christmas eve?"
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#6New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 10:52:30
@little1 Said

I'd say, "What hell has that got to do with Christmas eve?"

It was a puppy someone was getting for christmas.
Pushed by Boredom

St. Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 10:55:55
@RobinGoodfellow Said

It was a puppy someone was getting for christmas.

Now that isn't very nice.

Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#8New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 11:09:52
I got negative Kudos!
I dont believe it
Pushed by Boredom

St. Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 11:11:16
@RobinGoodfellow Said

I got negative Kudos!
I dont believe it

Oh my...some people...

I gave you some positive ones to make up for it
little1 On July 17, 2011

#10New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 11:19:40
@RobinGoodfellow Said

I got negative Kudos!
I dont believe it

I'll give you some too!

Poo! too who ever gave negative kudos!
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#11New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 11:32:09
Thanks Guys

little1 On July 17, 2011

#12New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 11:34:46
It's Christmas! As the post said, be merry and Jolly!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs