The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Can you survive a long distance relationship?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Selene_Dendawga On August 13, 2009

Rocklin, California
#31New Post! Dec 29, 2008 @ 11:40:55
I could survive one if I really had to. But I'd prefer not to. I crave physical affections. I need to be hugged or snuggle up to my significant other or I start to feel a bit down way too often. And it that person lives so far that it takes plans and strategies just to come visit...

I'm a strong believer in eventually someone needs to give in and move closer.
deadbear05 On November 27, 2009

in the shadows, Florida
#32New Post! Jan 06, 2009 @ 20:58:40
@jemsy Said

I've been with my boyfriend for just over a year, he went to uni like 3/4 months ago, and yes i can say yu can make it work.

But it can be damn hard work.

Trust is obviously an issue, but another is arguments, maybe if yu were with the person face to face some arguments wouldnt even happen or get resolved in a few mins, but i find that over long distance they become this HUGE ordeal.

You are so right! Its harder to solve argument when its long distance. Ive gotten into more fights with my boyfriend since he moved. I feel that its harder to solve because you cant read there facial expression. Its harder to tell thing with just a voice.

in the shadows, Florida
#33New Post! Jan 06, 2009 @ 21:02:14
@Selene_Dendawga Said

I could survive one if I really had to. But I'd prefer not to. I crave physical affections. I need to be hugged or snuggle up to my significant other or I start to feel a bit down way too often. And it that person lives so far that it takes plans and strategies just to come visit...

I'm a strong believer in eventually someone needs to give in and move closer.

Trust me im big on affection also but when you really love someone you can wait. Its really hard cuz i miss his touch but just thinking about when i do get to see his is touch will be like heaven. That first kiss, hug, hand holding....other things In a while will be worth the wait!
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#34New Post! Jan 06, 2009 @ 21:05:50
I'm in one. It's been basically 6 months now. With a couple of hiccups. But were both really happy and things are going amazing!
chef_mia On December 11, 2012

derry, Ireland
#35New Post! Jan 06, 2009 @ 21:07:43
i thought i could but it turns out he couldnt
jemsy On May 14, 2010

Somerset, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 16:04:44
@deadbear05 Said

You are so right! Its harder to solve argument when its long distance. Ive gotten into more fights with my boyfriend since he moved. I feel that its harder to solve because you cant read there facial expression. Its harder to tell thing with just a voice.

its not just that, its tone aswell. Things can always get percieved wrong, you have to be amazing at communication, lol.
feebs On February 21, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 16:10:09
i know i can...as long as you go into eyes wide open and dont expect too much to start with your fine...you can get to know each other real well this way x
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#38New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 16:12:32
@jemsy Said

its not just that, its tone aswell. Things can always get percieved wrong, you have to be amazing at communication, lol.

My b-f and I have never had issues solving arguments.
jemsy On May 14, 2010

Somerset, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 16:27:39
@MlissaBeth Said

My b-f and I have never had issues solving arguments.

Then you're very lucky (:

A common misconception is that if you argue with your partner then your in a bad relationship, but thats not true at all.

In fact if i was in a relationship in which i never ever argued i'd be worried! 'Cus i don't think that a male and female can agree on everything,and if you never argue then your obviously not sharing your true opinion.

It's impossible to agree with everything, heh.

I find that i don't have trouble solving arguments face to face, but when distance is involved it's a different matter.

Saying that though i've never ever gone to sleep angry at him, we've always resolved everything before the end of the day.
miss_emerald On September 07, 2009

LONDON!!, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Jan 13, 2009 @ 21:26:06
I had no choice to move away from my boyfriend. I moved on June 25th 2008. It was so hard to leave him behind, but we did work through it. Although we have had our fair share of arguments our love is strong enough 2 over come them.

If u 2 love each other then u should over come the distance. Love is stronger than any mileage!

Hope all goes well for you

in the shadows, Florida
#41New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 23:43:52
@miss_emerald Said

I had no choice to move away from my boyfriend. I moved on June 25th 2008. It was so hard to leave him behind, but we did work through it. Although we have had our fair share of arguments our love is strong enough 2 over come them.

If u 2 love each other then u should over come the distance. Love is stronger than any mileage!

Hope all goes well for you

Wow that is crazy, you moved 10 days after my boyfriend moved. Where did you move to?

in the shadows, Florida
#42New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 23:46:15
@jemsy Said

Then you're very lucky (:

A common misconception is that if you argue with your partner then your in a bad relationship, but thats not true at all.

In fact if i was in a relationship in which i never ever argued i'd be worried! 'Cus i don't think that a male and female can agree on everything,and if you never argue then your obviously not sharing your true opinion.

It's impossible to agree with everything, heh.

I find that i don't have trouble solving arguments face to face, but when distance is involved it's a different matter.

Saying that though i've never ever gone to sleep angry at him, we've always resolved everything before the end of the day.

Again i agree. Sometimes me and him would start little fights just to let each other know that we still care. It weird but its like if he doesnt argue back then there is something wrong. Are how relationship isnt based off of fighting though ^_^
chelle1991 On March 22, 2009

York, United Kingdom
#43New Post! Jan 15, 2009 @ 13:46:42
f***in hell 7months since you last saw him.. the longest i went with my ex was nearly 2 months, we lives 240 miles apart, cost a bomb for trains and that, mind you, my mates 15, shes been with her fella since august 2008 and not seen him since, He lives in Sweden :O
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs