Politics

The real news, the real politics

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
BrianM On December 02, 2008

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#1New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 21:39:15
They both go hand in hand. CNN focusing along their personal agenda, this is driven by who's paying their bills, ie. the advertisers, the campaign managers and big business in general.

We get these politicians promising us everything under the sun, yet the same results each and every time. People think they are standing behind something of substance, but when it all comes out in the wash, it's always a case of popular opinion largely driven by the media.

I remember when 911 hit, I observed world wide coverage showing our so called allies dancing in the streets. Yet it was very short lived, like they had to show something, but it was covered up, no longer being covered in the media because there was political and fiscal interest not to go to those areas. We then as Americans made out to be the bad guys, again, all based upon the media and propaganda which clearly is biased against us.

I refuse to believe I'm the only one that remembers, that those little glimpses of reality being covered for that limited period of time, still rings quite clearly in my mind, in spite of the fact, the media found it distasteful, or simply had their own agenda not to follow through.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#2New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 22:10:18
there was little to none anti American propaganda over here,
from my perspective there was alot of anti-islam propaganda coming out of America.

it was this and the subsequent invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq that turned international opinion against America.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 22:19:41
Yes there were images from places like Palestine showing people cheering the fall of the Two Towers, and people on the street interviews in places that don?t like the west, saying they were glad.

And those shots were taken off screen fast because that was not the time for those things. Emotions were high, and nobody needed knee-jerk reactions just then.

And We in the west?...did we not cheer as our smart bombs found their way? As the images of cruise missiles winged across the streets of Baghdad?

They cheer their side, we cheer ours?both call themselves ?The right side?.

I?m not a member of MENSA. I?m just this guy, one who is going to crack a can of beer, and forget human stupidity for an hour or so.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#4New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 22:39:34
Quote:
And We in the west?...did we not cheer as our smart bombs found their way? As the images of cruise missiles winged across the streets of Baghdad?

I don't remember mobs of people cheering or dancing in the streets when the Iraq war occured. People were happy when Saddam Hussien's statue was torn down, and no one misses him since his execution, but bombed out neighborhoods? Not that I've seen. Of course, maybe it was different in England, but I doubt it.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 22:48:38
@crazylikeafox Said

I don't remember mobs of people cheering or dancing in the streets when the Iraq war occured. People were happy when Saddam Hussien's statue was torn down, and no one misses him since his execution, but bombed out neighborhoods? Not that I've seen. Of course, maybe it was different in England, but I doubt it.

My apologies, we didn't "cheer on the streets" as such, but the images of us blowing things up, was presented to the press at every opportunity. And it was THE only news for some time.

(Please don't say I'm pro-Isam. I'm not, I'm just aware of media manipulation.)
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#6New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 22:56:56
Quote:
My apologies, we didn't "cheer on the streets" as such, but the images of us blowing things up, was presented to the press at every opportunity. And it was THE only news for some time.

Ah. OK, that changes the entire meaning of your thread then. Or, at least, my reading of your thread.

Quote:
(Please don't say I'm pro-Isam. I'm not, I'm just aware of media manipulation.)

That thought didn't even cross my mind. I just thought you were comparing apples to oranges. Or maybe exaggerating the response from both our countries. Really, there isn't enough information there to determine WHAT your thoughts on Islam are.
LeahPeck On January 10, 2009

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#7New Post! Nov 23, 2008 @ 02:35:13
@alexkidd Said

there was little to none anti American propaganda over here,
from my perspective there was alot of anti-islam propaganda coming out of America.

it was this and the subsequent invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq that turned international opinion against America.

The world's love-hate relationship with the United States is nothing new new. For example, it goes all the way back to the American Revolution when France and many other counties, even Morocco, helped the United States. During the Adams Administration, the United States prepared for a French invasion. The Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe Administration conducted their own struggle with Islam. During the Eisenhower Administration, Vice President Nixon was in Columbia where people threw paint on his car. Yankee go home! 8) Antiamerican demonstrations were common over the next seveal decades. For example, Iran 1979. In a short documentary, one might think that people really hate the United States, unless it is a documentary about people who have come to the United States from someplace else.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs