Rants & Raves

does anyone think of them

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
madcitizen On January 31, 2019

Bakersfield,
#16New Post! Jan 23, 2019 @ 22:29:08
I worked as a c.n.a. and yes some of them old people didn't deserve a friend.the suckie part was the ones you did get close to would up and die leaving you sad and lonely one to many times so I quit.hey isn't that a song title?
madcitizen On January 31, 2019

Bakersfield,
#17New Post! Jan 23, 2019 @ 22:29:37
david lee roth
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jan 24, 2019 @ 03:05:51
The Royal Voluntary Service

Do you not have anything like this over there...?

The RVS is a part of the National Health Service (NHS) and has a number of roles, all carried out by volunteers, including visiting those patients who may be alone or otherwise have nobody to visit them.

When my father in law was in hospital for his triple by-pass operation last year, one of the volunteers came in to sit with an elderly gentleman in the bed opposite and she simply sat and talked with him. She came back every day that he was in hospital and said she would visit him at home after he left.

She stayed for a couple of hours and it not only made his day, but he said after she'd gone that she'd actually given him the will to live again as he had felt depressed and alone for a long time.

Being in hospital or a nursing home can be a sad and lonely time for those who have no living family or relatives. Sure, the medical staff are caring and will cater to a patient's physical and medical needs, but they're usually rushed off their feet and just don't have the time to sit for any length of time to really give somebody the sort of attention that would make such a big difference to them.

I would be very surprised if there is no equivalent to this service in the US. But if there isn't, then why not start a volunteers group in your area, publicise it online and try to get it started...?
Darkman666 On about 15 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#19New Post! Jan 24, 2019 @ 04:28:26
years ago, when my grandma was lived, she was a nursery home. it is sad that older people. the better word for them; " the forgotten people ". my grandma doing better than most of them.

seeing these people in wheelchairs, and strollers walking down the hallways. most of you wonder if they notice you in the hallways or not. some of them are pain, you can heard them in their rooms and hallways, literally screaming or crying. you feel powerless, you cant to anything, but to said, " hello "., simply smile at them.

even see my grandma was difficult to be with her. naturally, I remember my grandma, when I was a kid. she was young not that. last I saw her look old and weak, it is hard to put a strong front for her at times.

there was an episode of " Alfred hickcock's present " about these adult children want to their parent's fortune. the children went to agency that design to more or less " murder, inc " style.

this organization kills off the parents, and the children and their children gains millions of dollars. the children of the parents that they just got kill, are at their parent's funeral. then they saw the co of the organization at the funeral.

the children went to the co to thank him for doing the deed. the male of the children gave him a check. their children came up beside them. the co of the organization gave each of little children, his card.

the children of little children was curious, and the man of the children said, " why? " to the co, and the co just smile, and to the children said, " someday, you are going get old, and ( look down at little children ) they might need my service. "
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs