Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:57:31
@gideon1451 Said

'How can the Bible have gotten the order right and yet so long at the same time?' - I'm not sure if I understand you here, do you mean how is it possible that that long ago this was known? Because God told it to Moses, who the wrote bits of the Bible under God's supervison/guidance sort of.

I know that life was formed around the hot bits at the bottom of the sea, where gases like methane escaped. Just as likely to have come from the Earth as sea then isn't it? Bubbling gases, from the Earth.

What I mean is, how can it be said that the Bible is right about the order of creation when it contradicts the physical evidence. Do you have proof that Moses spoke to God or wrote the first 4 books of the Bible? Why would he boast about being meek and speak of himself in the 3rd person and how could he write about his own funeral?

No. Look up abiogenesis. Amino an nucleic acids were formed from the gases in the atmosphere when lightning provided the energy for the reactions that formed them.
gideon1451 On July 20, 2020

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 21:08:13
Don't look at this as me admitting that I can't argue my point anymore. I still believe what I believe, and strangely, everything you've mentioned, I've heard of and understood already, weird eh?
Anyways, my point is my dad is moaning at me to go to bed, because he can't treate me my flippin' age
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 21:15:05
@gideon1451 Said

Don't look at this as me admitting that I can't argue my point anymore. I still believe what I believe, and strangely, everything you've mentioned, I've heard of and understood already, weird eh?
Anyways, my point is my dad is moaning at me to go to bed, because he can't treate me my flippin' age

Dad's are like that. It's fine. I often get scared a bit about what people will think if I sign off during a debate. See you later I guess
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#19New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 23:51:14
I dunno why they'd do it. It doesn't get more circular than:

"Why is god true?"
"because it says so in the bible"
"And why is the bible true?"
"because god says so!"

Theres a you tube parody of it. Cant remember what its called though.
ladystardust On March 22, 2010

, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Dec 02, 2008 @ 11:50:13
@crazychica Said

How can anyone use scriptures as evidence? I mean, lots of cultures have or have had their own gods and their own myths and legends, whether recorded in writing and pictures or handed down, although to be honest, most of these stories came to be before writing was invented so even the written ones aren't too all that accurate.

So by the standard that the *random holy book* says it, therefore it must be true, then all written fables must also be true. There must be a Zeus, a Hera, a Heracles, a Cassandra, a Thor, an Odin and so on.

Just because something's written doesn't make it true. I could write that the sky is pink, but it's not true. I could write that I'm sharing a bed with Johnny Depp, but it's not true. So why do some people think that it is ok to provide scripture as evidence?

One way to test scripture is to see if it can be applied to real life and if so with what result? an example is
Hebrews 13:4
If this verse alone was appplied by married persons there would be fewer divorces and broken familes.

A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Dec 02, 2008 @ 18:15:22
Evidence?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs