Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#16New Post! Dec 12, 2008 @ 05:48:23
@coletteswan Said

I am doing research about dog owners and their bad manners. I would appreciate your opinion on the subject. What do you find annoying about dogs and their owners? Have you seen anything horrendous? I appreciate your help.

I think in general, dog owners often forget other people don't like dogs that much. If your dog is part of your family then fine, enjoy that - but don't insist on taking them everywhere - espec to other people's homes, with their own bowls of water and food. It's not a newborn baby - it's a dog. Unless your hosts for the evening love your dog as much as you do, leave the dog at home for the night.

I don't mind dog owners lavishing their dogs with attention and love - at least they are well cared for. I do dislike people who buy dogs and don't walk them and leave them at home for days on end alone. That I do think is horrendous. Dogs need exercise and attention - if you don't have time for that, I think it's unfair to get one.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#17New Post! Dec 12, 2008 @ 06:53:53
I have a problem with people that bring their dogs with them when they come to visit .All the time they are here my two dogs are trying to climb into their car or pickup to get at that interloper and of course their dog is angry because two strange dogs are trying to climb into their car . I have a cousin that brings his female dog (not spayed)and lets her run around . That really makes for problems , my two males who are best freinds all the sudden are in comp for the females attentions,,pisses me off big time. I have told him if he brings her again the nezt time I go to his place I'm bringing both my dogs with me, he has one male and 4 females can you imagine the wreck that would happen if I was to make good on my threat ?
Here's a pic my fred .He's a little bitty 120 pound lap dog

PopCornFriday On December 18, 2008

HARTLAND, Michigan
#18New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 02:53:01
This is my first reply on this topic: My opinion is ownwers of dogs need to do several things, such as. picking up their mess especially if they are in public, not allowing the dog to jump on and or lick people that are guests in your home especially if you know they do not enjoy that.

TRAIN your dog proper obedience, and if you are having company and you know your dog doesnt like the people visiting or the people that are visiting do not care for dogs, secure your dog in a kennel with a chew toy. Make everyone safe including your dog
allisonwahm On September 01, 2009

Richardson, Texas
#19New Post! Dec 16, 2008 @ 04:02:54
Definitely owners not picking up the poop. We lived in an apt complex before we moved in a house and a little green patch of grass behind my patio was their yard. And apparently some of the dogs. I always wandered what would happen if I let my kids go back there and take a dump on the ground and leave it There was a nice lady that always picked up her dog's poop and I always thanked her when I saw it happen. She had class.

Also people not putting there dogs on a leash, they jump on my kids and the owner explains "Oh he won't bite." Whatever I don't care, just put your dog on a leash!
tickleme On January 28, 2014

somewhere in the world., Antar
#20New Post! Mar 04, 2009 @ 07:11:08
As others have mentionedon here, i think its annoying and rude to leave dog poop in public places, if your dog messes, owner needs to clean.
savvytack On March 27, 2009

Southend, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 22:28:29
Our house is right on a green, so plenty of people walk their dogs past our house. One morning, my mum was putting the bin bags out, and she went back to get the rest of them. When she came back out, an elderly lady was letting her dog (who was on a lead) pee on our bins (which the bin men then have to pick up, how utterly disgusting).

When my mum asked, "what do you think you're doing?", the lady laughed as if there was absolutely nothing wrong and said, "oh, she does like weeing on the bins, doesn't she?" Like, it's ok, because my mum's already put the bags down and the only people that have to touch them now is the bin men.

If people want to walk their dogs, then make damn sure you don't let them pee all over our property, especially on stuff that people have to pick up. That's like the rudest thing ever
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#22New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 22:31:23
..I don't always clean up after my dog when I take him out..
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 22:34:59
i have 3 dogs 2 of which are large and a toy yorkie and im disabled and if i can clean up after 3 dogs and be unmobile as i am,then everyone should be able to clear up after their dogs,where i live it is in the councils regulations that dog poo has to be cleaned up every day from your gardens x
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#24New Post! Apr 22, 2018 @ 03:05:21
people who get dogs & then leave them chained up in there yard for a great deal of time!!! A dog is a member of the family and should be treated as such, not left outside on there own!!
txsome On May 14, 2018

#25New Post! May 07, 2018 @ 15:12:22
@claudibee Said

As I've mentioned elsewhere, what really irritates me is people leaving dog poo on the pavement when it is easy enough to clear it up (I own a dog, I clean up after her).

I personally second this. I own 2 dogs myself and I always clean up after them. I don't understand why it's so difficult for some owners to pick up their dog's poop. The other thing I find absolutely annoying is when a dog owner lets their dog do anything it wants when on a walk and tries to get into a fight with my dogs.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#26New Post! May 07, 2018 @ 23:54:37
We used to let our neighbors dog over to play with our dog while we hung out - we have a fenced in yard.

But without fail, that dog would s*** in our yard every time - like he was trying to mark it as his territory. At first it was no big deal - just another pile to pick up while cleaning up after my dog. But then it started getting annoying, the neighbor never picked it up, so I finally said No More Dog ... I was the mean one, but nobody else was picking up the s***. ... in fact a couple of times I just flung it over the fence to the neighbors yard haha
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#27New Post! May 08, 2018 @ 00:43:14
one day, I was 8 years old, my dolly ( my family dog ) watched me crying at the kitchen table during the breakfast time.

I was fight with my parents about something. that is stupid now, but serious to me then. I thought dolly would give a kiss or our a hug to cheer me up. all sudden, dolly goes out through backdoor's small panel, that we make her to go outside.

a couple of minutes latter, I am still crying my little eyes out. that when dolly come back with our roll up newspaper that we get every morning that in her mouth.

I am still sitting at the kitchen table. dolly jumps on my legs, and then that second, turn her head with the newspaper and slap the hell out of my face. I fell from my chair to then the ground.

I was laying on my back, all sudden, dolly dropped from her mouth, the newspaper landed on my chest. she look down on me, I thought dolly was give me, a big kiss. no, she didn't. she look down at me, and then she said to me.

" get over it! "
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs