AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:39:51
@STL Said

Depends on the type of fish, I eat fish twice a week and always try different kinds of fish and different ways to cook them. I cant even count the number of recipes I've tried but simply adding lemon is my favorite, and easiest.

First you have to find what kind of fish you like, or is available, I've tried so many different types and my personal favorites are mahi mahi, red snapper, branzino, tilapia and cod in that order with mahi mahi my favorite. Red snapper is smaller so little harder to cook than mahi mahi but sometimes it does taste better. Also only get fish that have the skin still attached, either fillets or whole fish.

I find the best tasting fish is cooked on the skin in the grill outside. Preheat the grill, put some oil based non stick on the grill then put the fish on skin down. I always follow the rule my fish market told me, 8 minutes of cooking per inch of thickness, and check it a couple minutes before its supposed to be done. You'll know its done when you try to bend it and the fillet breaks (not the skin).

After its done put lemon juice on it, either fresh squeezed or even better is the little containers of natural real lemon juice.

Now the other option which adds another step but is my favorite is to take the fish off the grill a little before its done, put it in the oven at about 350, put aluminum foil on a baking sheet and put the lemon juice on top of the fish and in the aluminum foil and add a lemon wedge ever 2 inches and cook it for about 5 to 12 minutes depending on the thickness, 5 minutes being for red snapper.

You can cook the entire thing in the oven like this as well and it tastes good but I prefer the grill.

The only things I'll put on top besides lemon is I'll make a sort of mix that I thought of myself, I cook spanish rice and put olives and baby spinach leaves in it and put it on top and on the sides of the fish.

Yum. Wish we could cook outside. That was the idea this summer but it never arrived. My husband tried to use a disposable b-b-q on the window ledge with the inevitable results.
DeadFreddy On December 15, 2008

Houston, Texas
#17New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:40:06
That reminds me, I better go check on breakfast. I compleatly forgot about it an accident.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 16:51:29
@DeadFreddy Said

That reminds me, I better go check on breakfast. I compleatly forgot about it an accident.

I set fire to the bread board recently. It was on top of the stove and I lit the gas burner,thinking I was lighting the oven internally. This has also happened to tea towels and my eyelashes.
STL On January 23, 2009

St Louis, Missouri
#19New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 17:10:19
@claudibee Said

Yum. Wish we could cook outside. That was the idea this summer but it never arrived. My husband tried to use a disposable b-b-q on the window ledge with the inevitable results.

@claudibee Said

I set fire to the bread board recently. It was on top of the stove and I lit the gas burner,thinking I was lighting the oven internally. This has also happened to tea towels and my eyelashes.

Happened to me a couple years ago. About 14 people over for a barbecue, stacks of meat with the styrofoam bottoms on the oven because countertops were full. A friend of mine leaned up against the oven and she managed to push the burner nob on and the paper bag they were all in lit up and even though it was only a few seconds it managed to melt the styrofoam into the meat. I forgave her but she hasn't been to a barbecue since.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 17:15:59
@STL Said

Happened to me a couple years ago. About 14 people over for a barbecue, stacks of meat with the styrofoam bottoms on the oven because countertops were full. A friend of mine leaned up against the oven and she managed to push the burner nob on and the paper bag they were all in lit up and even though it was only a few seconds it managed to melt the styrofoam into the meat. I forgave her but she hasn't been to a barbecue since.

Your friend sounds as safe in the kitchen as I am. Where did I leave that knife?
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#21New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 18:08:22
My favourite is deskinned East slope Cutthroat trout sauted in butter with a little pepper and salt to taste. No lemon needed.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 18:33:59
@kentoo Said

My favourite is deskinned East slope Cutthroat trout sauted in butter with a little pepper and salt to taste. No lemon needed.

I like the sound of that. Simple sometimes best.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#23New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 19:05:06
@claudibee Said

I like the sound of that. Simple sometimes best.
Sadly, East Slope Cutthroat are found only in Southern British Columbia and the American Rocky mountain states,furthermore they are not available commercially. Happily I live where I can catch the delicious fish.
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#24New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 19:38:04
Blackened Cajun Kicking Fish...

You will need:
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
1 teaspoon blackened fish seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika
1 garlic clove or 1 tsp of garlic powder
1 lemon
4 fillets or 1 ? pounds of trout
2 Tbsp of olive oil

Cut lemon in half; squeeze one half and cut the other half into circular slices.
Mince garlic.
Combine dry ingredients, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl.
Roll both sides of fish in the mixture.
Allow to sit for 10- 20 minutes.
Get the grill ready while fish is marinating; brush the grill with olive oil, and heat coals to 400 degrees.
Grill fish for 7 to 10 minutes on each side. The fish is done when it flakes easily.
Garnish with lemon slices.

There you have it... Simple fish recipe that is done in 30 minutes
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Nov 16, 2008 @ 16:00:51
@kentoo Said

Sadly, East Slope Cutthroat are found only in Southern British Columbia and the American Rocky mountain states,furthermore they are not available commercially. Happily I live where I can catch the delicious fish.

Ah, well, your recipe still sounds good.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Nov 16, 2008 @ 16:01:37
@USA Said

Blackened Cajun Kicking Fish...

You will need:
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
1 teaspoon blackened fish seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika
1 garlic clove or 1 tsp of garlic powder
1 lemon
4 fillets or 1 ? pounds of trout
2 Tbsp of olive oil

Cut lemon in half; squeeze one half and cut the other half into circular slices.
Mince garlic.
Combine dry ingredients, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl.
Roll both sides of fish in the mixture.
Allow to sit for 10- 20 minutes.
Get the grill ready while fish is marinating; brush the grill with olive oil, and heat coals to 400 degrees.
Grill fish for 7 to 10 minutes on each side. The fish is done when it flakes easily.
Garnish with lemon slices.

There you have it... Simple fish recipe that is done in 30 minutes

That sounds good and very simple and quick. Will try. Ta!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs