thats because i like you
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#17New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 06:36:54
@FingerPaint Said

I suck at making friends.
I suck at socializing in general.
I see school in Europe, all of the classmates are friends. Why can't I have that too? Why do Canadian/American schools have to suck?

Fingerpaint school is rough - I went to 7 different schools. At some schools making friends was super-easy, at other schools it was almost impossible. Maybe the people at your school suck - have you considered that?
Do you really like the people at your school? Are they nice people and worth spending time with? If so, I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to make friends unless you are very shy - which I also was. If they are awful people consider yourself lucky and study hard. Not being friends with them may keep you out of trouble - out of jail - you just don't know.
Everyone at school yearns to be accepted and everyone is insecure - everyone. Some people are just better at hiding it than others - espec the ones who are mean or rude to other kids, they usually have the biggest hang-ups of all.
What kind of effort have you made to meet people? Are there after school clubs you can join? Is there anyone who also seems a bit lost and friendless you can have lunch with?
Try to watch the negative self -talk. If you tell yourself you suck at making friends you will. If you tell yourself you are a great person who deserves friendship, you will find it.
Keep us posted.
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#18New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 06:02:30
It's called "life" deal with it, you cannot be friends with everybody and I hate to say it but the fact that you "suck" at making friends and socializing might very well be one of the reason why things "suck" for you at the moment, there's not too much I can help you with here other than telling you to try and become more outgoing.
BrianM On December 02, 2008

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#19New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 06:20:48
I remember when I was 16, it totally sucked, I worked like a dog, was treated like crap at school, was considered the poor kids in our neighborhood, the social scene needed a lot of help, well, I did hang out with the "bad" crowd, many of which turned out really well and prospered in life.

At 16, the entire world is what is in front of their face, what ever rank they are in it now, that's it forever in their minds, then you gotta fight ridicules hormones screwing with the brain chemistry and tripping over yourself because your legs grew 3" over a 2 week period, lol. 16, no thanks, I would not want to relive that one again. Carry on soldier, it does get better before you know it.

joeh, stop giving advice to the young ones, that was just rude, the kid was hurting.
BrianM On December 02, 2008

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#20New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 06:22:04
double post
lifeisacrash On February 03, 2009

Wanganui, New Zealand
#21New Post! Nov 15, 2008 @ 00:30:21
I got through the most awkward times in my life by faking confidence. It sound weird, but I just acted confident and like I didn't give a damn what everyone else thought of me, and after a while you find that it's no longer an act. The truth is you only get one shot at life, so why waste your time with what high school people think of you. The ppl how loved high school the most, turn out to be those sad ones that cant let go of their "glory days" and end up constently hanging round the school or talking about "when they were in school". It's just sad! If you have it good in high school, then you give up on wanting more from your life. Your "glory days" will be after you make it thru school! trust me!
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Nov 15, 2008 @ 00:31:19
oh i forgot to say you are you and i admire that
hairsplitter On March 04, 2009

long beach, California
#23New Post! Nov 16, 2008 @ 18:12:48
Funny that you should mention this about your age and having trouble making friends and etcetra. You are not alone and I certainly went thru that stage in life when I did not know whether I was coming or going . That is the beauty of aging. At certain times you will know everything and at othertimes you do not. So get a firm hold of yourself and just be you and let no one put you down or hold you back. Just keep reaching out and do not give up on others or yourself.

"cada mente es un mundo." - "each mind is its' own world." 8)
Skyseeker On November 01, 2009

idk,
#24New Post! Nov 16, 2008 @ 18:23:01
Thats why the internet was invented lol. WElcome to most peoples lifes. wait, you dont have ANY friends is it your choice? You need to be more friendly to people and theyll be your friend. what does europeans have to do wit it?
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#25New Post! Nov 16, 2008 @ 18:28:05
Your in Canada, What does this have to do with USA.
Not all schools are a like.Not even in my State.
Maybe if you joined in in activities.If you dont like sports there's others.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs