Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#46New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 20:41:35
@mrscoob Said

Shouldn't have used jurors as an example.
You were not misquoted, you were answered.
If you make an outrageous statement, surely I would ask for proof, but my statement was not outrageous.
I know he said it, because I listen to him, I repeat him, for my answers.
Palin's intelligence surpasses yours, or you would be smart enough to run and win governor of Alaska.

Watch her in any interview she has not been prepared for. She's clueless.

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ntEE9Zy-qQQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ntEE9Zy-qQQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Also, I'm smart enough to understand the mechanisms behind evolution, interpret evidence. I know how the machines I use in the lab work. I understand how molecules bond, why acids and bases react together to make a salt. Why water forms a skin. I can interpret blood stain patterns and work out the approximate origin of the blow which caused the spatter.

I understand the structure of DNA and why it takes a double-helix shape. I understand more of world politics than she does. So although she's won an office, I'd probably come out on top in a debate with her. I wouldn't dodge half the questions she does. The woman's lack of knowledge is terrifying. She was a gamble that didn't pay-off
mrscoob On January 21, 2009

Paducah, Kentucky
#47New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 20:54:46
@crazychica Said

Watch her in any interview she has not been prepared for. She's clueless.

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ntEE9Zy-qQQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ntEE9Zy-qQQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Also, I'm smart enough to understand the mechanisms behind evolution, interpret evidence. I know how the machines I use in the lab work. I understand how molecules bond, why acids and bases react together to make a salt. Why water forms a skin. I can interpret blood stain patterns and work out the approximate origin of the blow which caused the spatter.

I understand the structure of DNA and why it takes a double-helix shape. I understand more of world politics than she does. So although she's won an office, I'd probably come out on top in a debate with her. I wouldn't dodge half the questions she does. The woman's lack of knowledge is terrifying. She was a gamble that didn't pay-off

You are so smart, I am honored to be in your company.
You understand what books tell you to understand.
If you were just as smart, you would be running for VP.
Fact is, you are not as smart, so comparing yourself to Palin is a joke!
And not a very good one, at that.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#48New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 20:55:34
So someone running for VP is smarter than anyone who isn't running for VP...
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#49New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 21:03:32
@mrscoob Said

You are so smart, I am honored to be in your company.
You understand what books tell you to understand.
If you were just as smart, you would be running for VP.
Fact is, you are not as smart, so comparing yourself to Palin is a joke!
And not a very good one, at that.

Sure I am As has been proven in the past, running for a political office does not make you smart. It just means you're a half-way decent politician (or at least as decent as politicians go).

I understand more than just what books tell me to understand. If I'm unsure about something then I research it further myself, it's a fundamental part of understanding. You learn from books, you don't necesarily understand it. Understanding it comes from putting it into your own terms whether that be by visualisation or any other methods, so a book can't tell you to understand anything, it can only teach you the "facts".

If I was smart, I wouldn't be running for any political office right now. At 18 very few people would believe in my abilities. After all, my brain hasn't even finished developing yet.
mrscoob On January 21, 2009

Paducah, Kentucky
#50New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 21:06:01
@crazychica Said

Sure I am As has been proven in the past, running for a political office does not make you smart. It just means you're a half-way decent politician (or at least as decent as politicians go).

I understand more than just what books tell me to understand. If I'm unsure about something then I research it further myself, it's a fundamental part of understanding. You learn from books, you don't necesarily understand it. Understanding it comes from putting it into your own terms whether that be by visualisation or any other methods, so a book can't tell you to understand anything, it can only teach you the "facts".

If I was smart, I wouldn't be running for any political office right now. At 18 very few people would believe in my abilities. After all, my brain hasn't even finished developing yet.

Allright.
You made me smile.

jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#51New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 21:06:53
Obama must be smarter than Palin, since he's running for President.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#52New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 21:44:10
@mrscoob Said

Shouldn't have used jurors as an example.
You were not misquoted, you were answered.
If you make an outrageous statement, surely I would ask for proof, but my statement was not outrageous.
I know he said it, because I listen to him, I repeat him, for my answers.
Palin's intelligence surpasses yours, or you would be smart enough to run and win governor of Alaska.

First of all.... how come I always read misquote as mosquito?

I am curious though, as to how this was not outrageous? A tax cut is not really offering money, and I would have to say by the amount that McCain is reducing taxes, one would think that he is "giving" a lot more money to them. I don't, think that McCain is bribing anybody, I believe that he is above that. I think that Obama is above that also.

I'm not so sure about Palin's intelligence surpasses really anybody on this forum, I'm not sure that it doesn't. But with the crap they are slinging at her *whether or not it is true, not debating, just mentioning* you think that she would have been smarter than that, because that kind of behavior certainly would not have gotten her re elected to her position if she weren't going for VP.

I don't in particually think that there is a lack of intellegence as it is a lack of common sense. I know lots of intelligent people who seem like morons because they lack common sense.

She's got Quayle beat on smarts, that's for darn sure.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#53New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 21:52:03
@Lili Said

Im gonna go get my free Starbucks today! Ben & Jerry's is also giving free icecream today

FREE icecream......sign me up!!!
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#54New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 21:58:22
@Spinkiegirl Said

FREE icecream......sign me up!!!

You better watch the clock bc the ice cream is only 5 to 8 pm from what I hear!
ministumblin On January 21, 2009

Deleted

#55New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 22:01:24
On the subject of Palin's smarts, or lack thereof, remember one thing - many, many people distrust intellect greatly.

How do you think shrub got into office, and secured re-election?

People hate intelligent people that make them feel inferior.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#56New Post! Nov 04, 2008 @ 22:02:47
@ministumblin Said

On the subject of Palin's smarts, or lack thereof, remember one thing - many, many people distrust intellect greatly.

How do you think shrub got into office, and secured re-election?

People hate intelligent people that make them feel inferior.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs