God created the universe not the big bang

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#61New Post! Nov 08, 2008 @ 01:35:58
@calonso Said

you're just being biased to Christianity, even Buddhism teaches hell (not the same schorching fire but a certain plane can very well have that) but your karma determines what happens to you after you die, same s*** different version. In essence, Christianity is a way to purify yourself by following the teachings of Christ which are in alot of ways similar to buddhism. The problem is, a lot of Christians do not follow these teachings. I'm trying to figure out why a belief in a God makes followers ignore the teachings if that is whats causing it.
I digress from my prior statement that Buddha did not speak of reincarnation and hell... He did .

https://oaks.nvg.org/final-days.html
With a belief in reincarnation ... damnation in hell would only be until the individual stopped incurring that kind of karma ... in other words once they changed their actions they would go to other planes of existence that were more pleasant..

I also agree that what Jesus said is by far the most important part of the new testament.
duploshoes On March 03, 2009

Deleted

Leicester, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Nov 08, 2008 @ 14:28:30
@henry_ireton Said

The emotional progress of humans in societies without god(s) hasn't exactly been wonderfull. Unless of course you count GULags, re-education centres and death camps as emotional progress.

A more accurate statement would be that humans help prevent the emotional progress of humanity.

That's why I included the word "helps". So the statement is as accurate.
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#63New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 22:08:28
@kentoo Said

I digress from my prior statement that Buddha did not speak of reincarnation and hell... He did .

https://oaks.nvg.org/final-days.html
With a belief in reincarnation ... damnation in hell would only be until the individual stopped incurring that kind of karma ... in other words once they changed their actions they would go to other planes of existence that were more pleasant..

I also agree that what Jesus said is by far the most important part of the new testament.

Thanks for the reference, I was about to ask you for a reliable site.

@duploshoes Said

That's why I included the word "helps". So the statement is as accurate.

I don't think that warrented a -kudo, do you think that maybe your sig provokes people to give you -kudo's?

Salmon Arm, Canada
#64New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 23:06:43
@calonso Said

It was a learning experience for me... I had no knowledge of Buddha believing in reincarnation..and I found more sayings to go through but have not found anything that he said about the existence of God. The reading continues.
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#65New Post! Nov 11, 2008 @ 01:23:09
@kentoo Said

It was a learning experience for me... I had no knowledge of Buddha believing in reincarnation..and I found more sayings to go through but have not found anything that he said about the existence of God. The reading continues.

If you find any other sites let me get 'em cause I'm hip to the buddhists ya dig? 8)

I don't think they believe in God at all but the Toaists believe in the way which is kinda different, it resembles the ALL in hermetic philosophy. I kinda like 'the way' because it seems more like what God would be like.

Salmon Arm, Canada
#66New Post! Nov 11, 2008 @ 02:44:49
@calonso Said

If you find any other sites let me get 'em cause I'm hip to the buddhists ya dig? 8)

I don't think they believe in God at all but the Toaists believe in the way which is kinda different, it resembles the ALL in hermetic philosophy. I kinda like 'the way' because it seems more like what God would be like.

Some sects of Buddhism have a belief in God but I suspect that this may be by the influence of Hinduism , the Vedas and Upanishads. How I feel about what Jesus said in the bible , I hold equal value in the words or ideas of Buddha. How others interpret these sayings is not of the same importance to me. I realize that I must place some trust in those who have translated the original texts.
Until I fulfill what I see as my lifes requirements of total truthfulness and total lovingness to myself and to others, I dont need to concern myself too much with anything else. It has been a lifetimes journey and is not over yet... I have hope in reincarnation but do not count on it for if I did I might become lax.
duploshoes On March 03, 2009

Deleted

Leicester, United Kingdom
#67New Post! Nov 11, 2008 @ 02:53:58
@calonso Said

I don't think that warrented a -kudo, do you think that maybe your sig provokes people to give you -kudo's?

Possibly, but the ones who give bad kudos are just what I say and not actually very bright people.

I do actually love it when I get it though. It does show you had an amazing effect upon the person.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs