Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
allentx On June 11, 2009

Deleted

allen,
#31New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 01:30:19
@Lili Said

Maybe you can tell me...where are they getting this from? Don't they have TV's? And besides the obvious fact that he's a Christian, does being a Muslim automatically make a person a terrorist or something? It makes it sound like there's a higher percentage than average of racists down there. Where is this stuff coming from?

Well, the people I have spoken to about this are getting it from church and FOXNEWS. Now, no offense to FOX and I know all media is somewhat biased, but FOX they get the award for most biased news IMO. And God forbid you don't think like them they will rip you a new a*****e. I can understand if they actually have facts but some of the things they throw out are absolutely ridiculous.

I've heard Obama was not born in the US, he lived the majority of his life in Kenya. He is the Antichrist, he created a fake birth certificate, he is a terrorist and wants to help Bin Laden wants he becomes presidnet.

and of course...they won't vote for him because he is black.

I have friends/acquaintances/colleagues who if you are not white or baptist your just evil. There is so much racism and religious hate it is pretty astonishing.

In the past, I have heard people say America needs to "send the niggers back to Africa and Muslims back to the Middleast" and God forbid you talk to them about affirmative action lol

Being Muslim does not automatically make a person a terrorist. There have been many acts of terrorism from non-muslims but it appears since 9/11 "terrorism" is automatically associated with being Muslim. That is why the McCain campaign kept using the word "terrorist" so as to associate Obama's name which is Muslim with terrorism. That is how screwed up and ruthless the McCain campaign is. When a candidate will find any lie and smear tactic to use it against his opponent, that tells you how he is going to run this country. Those smear tactics were used for 8 years during the Bush Administration. If you recall, anytime Americans would start asking questions on Iraq and activities of the government, the terror watch alerts would go up.

But there are also good people in Texas as well, I'm not saying all of them are bad but there is a large amount of racism still present. Hopefully, with demographic changes it will get better in time.
emoric On January 02, 2010

Deleted
Banned

lol :D, Indiana
#32New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 01:30:28
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#33New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 02:01:54
@allentx Said

Well, the people I have spoken to about this are getting it from church and FOXNEWS. Now, no offense to FOX and I know all media is somewhat biased, but FOX they get the award for most biased news IMO. And God forbid you don't think like them they will rip you a new a*****e. I can understand if they actually have facts but some of the things they throw out are absolutely ridiculous.

I've heard Obama was not born in the US, he lived the majority of his life in Kenya. He is the Antichrist, he created a fake birth certificate, he is a terrorist and wants to help Bin Laden wants he becomes presidnet.

and of course...they won't vote for him because he is black.

I have friends/acquaintances/colleagues who if you are not white or baptist your just evil. There is so much racism and religious hate it is pretty astonishing.

In the past, I have heard people say America needs to "send the niggers back to Africa and Muslims back to the Middleast" and God forbid you talk to them about affirmative action lol

Being Muslim does not automatically make a person a terrorist. There have been many acts of terrorism from non-muslims but it appears since 9/11 "terrorism" is automatically associated with being Muslim. That is why the McCain campaign kept using the word "terrorist" so as to associate Obama's name which is Muslim with terrorism. That is how screwed up and ruthless the McCain campaign is. When a candidate will find any lie and smear tactic to use it against his opponent, that tells you how he is going to run this country. Those smear tactics were used for 8 years during the Bush Administration. If you recall, anytime Americans would start asking questions on Iraq and activities of the government, the terror watch alerts would go up.

But there are also good people in Texas as well, I'm not saying all of them are bad but there is a large amount of racism still present. Hopefully, with demographic changes it will get better in time.

Speaking of Fox news, I read this of Fox's website today - they took this quote from Clinton, who was quoting Obama during their rally last night in Florida: "I haven't cleared this with him and he may even be mad at me for saying this so close to the election, but I know what else he said to his economic advisers (during the crisis)," Clinton told the crowd at a Wednesday night rally with Obama in Florida. "He said, 'Tell me what the right thing to do is. What's the right thing for America? Don't tell me what's popular. You tell me what's right -- I'll figure out how to sell it.'"

Fox shortened this quote to Obama saying, in response to the economic crisis, "Tell me what...to do..." as their headline for the article, trying to make Obama sound completely lost and naive in the face of a crisis. They cut half of that sentence out in order to distort what he said.
allentx On June 11, 2009

Deleted

allen,
#34New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 02:04:57
@Lili Said

Speaking of Fox news, I read this of Fox's website today - they took this quote from Clinton, who was quoting Obama during their rally last night in Florida: "I haven't cleared this with him and he may even be mad at me for saying this so close to the election, but I know what else he said to his economic advisers (during the crisis)," Clinton told the crowd at a Wednesday night rally with Obama in Florida. "He said, 'Tell me what the right thing to do is. What's the right thing for America? Don't tell me what's popular. You tell me what's right -- I'll figure out how to sell it.'"

Fox shortened this quote to Obama saying, in response to the economic crisis, "Tell me what...to do..." as their headline for the article, trying to make Obama sound completely lost and naive in the face of a crisis. They cut half of that sentence out in order to distort what he said.

I just read that. Their noses are so stuck up McCain's butt right now, it is unbelievable. So republicans complain about the liberal media, what about the radical right wing?
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#35New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 03:04:06
@Lili Said

My point was, at this point, to still think that Obama is a Muslim, you'd have to live under a rock, or be really stubborn or something, because he is very clearly a Christian. The fact that there is such a high percentage of people in Texas who think that about Obama is stunning to me, and it shows something is going on down there. What exactly that is I don't know, but something is going on to explain this. I just made a comment about George Bush being a dumbass as a joking substitute for that explanation. But it was just a joke, and at no point did I say anything about "all Texans". It would serve them well to keep themselves informed though, because this kind of thing doesn't help much with already existing stereotypes.

There are quite a few Obama supporters in the Dallas area. Lots of people here are imports from other states. (lots of jobs here)

Even though I live in TX, I never got offended by this tread because I know what I think. If I am not one of that 23%, why would it bother me?

Personally I think we need to scrap the Republicans and Democrats. There is too much power and corruption on both sides.

I support Space Ghost for President.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs