Religion & Philosophy

Descended from monkeys? Monkeys my ass... not me

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#106New Post! Dec 03, 2008 @ 00:59:53
What is better, to be related in the distant past to monkeys or to be made by God from dirt.

Monkeys have more fun than dirt.

Regards
DL
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#107New Post! Dec 03, 2008 @ 12:21:47
@sheepy Said

Anyway, evolution is wrong. If we were really descended from apes...then how come there are still apes.

OK, here's the truth that "they" don't want you to know. Earth was actually populated all at once by aliens. This is some huge nature reserve. Every so often, the aliens come to have a peek - except instead of open top land rovers ploughing their way across the open veldt, they have flying saucers. Just past Saturn, there is a huge toll booth and souvenir shop.

Think I'm wrong? Prove it then

The fact that you think that evolution simply replaces old species with new ones shows that you don't understand the theory and are in no position to criticise it until you do.

The second part of your post is essentially undistinguishable from a religious creation story: it relies on unverifiable faith-based assumptions and is unsupported by scientific evidence. However, since not many people actually believe it, it remains nonsense; if it was more popular, it would be religion.
plainoldme On January 16, 2011

Maryborough, Australia
#108New Post! Dec 03, 2008 @ 12:31:14
@buffalobill90 Said

The fact that you think that evolution simply replaces old species with new ones shows that you don't understand the theory and are in no position to criticise it until you do.

The second part of your post is essentially undistinguishable from a religious creation story: it relies on unverifiable faith-based assumptions and is unsupported by scientific evidence. However, since not many people actually believe it, it remains nonsense; if it was more popular, it would be religion.

You are correct regarding evolution but I thought that a recent DNA study indicated that we all come from one particular lady who they just happened to name Eve.
I don't know if the bloke was called Adam but I guess that this study supports that we all are of the same stock.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013