On my mind, Georgia
#16New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:16:47
I hate that!

I would think pain meds would help.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#17New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:18:52
@angelcake Said

would an anti-inflammatory help?? I know you can get fairly strong ones perhaps your doc could prescribe you soem, or the pharmacist.

I'm pregnant, so my only option would be Tylenol, but I'd rather not take anything if possible. I can deal with the pain, it's not too bad right now, I just want to keep it under control.
BeTTyBeLL On November 28, 2010
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#18New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:19:59
@Lili Said

alright, I'll try some heat. Would alternating heat and cold work? I heard that's supposed to be good for inflammation?

with TMJ, just stick with warm....I have TMJ myself, sometimes my headaches gets bad, they make me physicaly sick...it is like a migrane, but worse...I have surgery planned for Nov 10 to help mine, my wisdom teeth are really playing with it lots...all the wisdom teeth have to come out, it is supposed to help a bit, we will see...
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:21:10
Moist Heat: Moist heat from a heat pack or a hot water bottle wrapped in a warm, moist towel can improve function and reduce pain. Be careful to avoid burning yourself when using heat.
Ice: Ice packs can decrease inflammation and also numb pain and promote healing. Do not place an ice pack directly on your skin. Keep the pack wrapped in a clean cloth while you are using it. Do not use an ice pack for more than 10 - 15 minutes.
Soft Diet: Soft or blended foods allow the jaw to rest temporarily. Remember to avoid hard, crunchy, and chewy foods. Do not stretch your mouth to accommodate corn on the cob or whole fruits.
Over the-Counter Analgesics: Over-the-counter analgesics are helpful in temporarily reducing pain. Be sure to check with your doctor before taking any kind of medication over any prolonged period of time as indicated on the label.
Jaw Exercises: Slow, gentle jaw exercises may help increase jaw mobility. Your health care provider or a physical therapist can evaluate your condition and suggest appropriate exercises based on your individual needs.
Relaxation Techniques: Relaxation and guided imagery can be helpful in dealing with the pain that accompanies TMJ dysfunction. Deep, slow breathing enhances relaxation and modulates pain sensations.

I got this off a website btw, I don't know how much of it will help. I know when I went to physio with my jaw I was given exercises to do, but I don't know whether what you have would benefit from it at all.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#20New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:22:53
Oh, can wisdom teeth make this worse? I haven't had mine out yet, and they're growing in sideways, lol For some reason my wisdom teeth only came in on the bottom and I have no wisdom teeth at all on the top, lol, sort of weird. I'll have to wait till after I give birth for that though. But if there was a permanent solution like having those taken out, I'm all for it.
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#21New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:26:27
I had my wisdom teeth taken out and it did help yes!
BeTTyBeLL On November 28, 2010
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#22New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:26:37
@Lili Said

Oh, can wisdom teeth make this worse? I haven't had mine out yet, and they're growing in sideways, lol For some reason my wisdom teeth only came in on the bottom and I have no wisdom teeth at all on the top, lol, sort of weird. I'll have to wait till after I give birth for that though. But if there was a permanent solution like having those taken out, I'm all for it.

Yes they can, mine are growing into the jaw bone, much like your are I bet, not really sideways as much as down and into, or up and into. And where your jaw meets, where it closes and opens has one of the biggest nerve endings running to it, everything we feel and process in our brins go thrus that nerve...that is why TMJ is considered on the worst pains to have...
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#23New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:31:31
My mom's wisdom teeth were so deep they almost broke her jaw trying to take them out. Fortunately my last x ray didn't show mine being deep like that, but I think I should definitely get them out either way. maybe it'll help
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#24New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:37:46
Good luck! I hope the pain is better soon.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#25New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:38:26
Thanks
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#26New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 18:40:20
Me too I hope the pain goes away soon I felt the same when I was expecting my kids I did not want meds till after they were born.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs