The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
US Elections

There are so many people who do not want Obama to be President!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#16New Post! Oct 19, 2008 @ 16:47:40
It's his destiny!
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#17New Post! Oct 19, 2008 @ 16:54:27
@Spinkiegirl Said

Oh yeah, prove it...post a link!!

I don't know about any links, but I'm certain that Obama's gonna have to have the beefiest security in Presidential history.

The number one reason is the fact that there is still HUGE Neo Nazi, and KKK groups all over America. Not like it used to be, but yeah... you think that they are just gonna sit back and let a black man lead. They will be very angry about it all. And that is sad, and makes me sick.

The next reason, Obama has a Kennedy like charisma to him. A Malcom X~esk type vision about equality, and a Lincoln type of compassion. Those are great things to have..... but not so great if you want to live and be a political figure head.
Krakatoa On November 25, 2009

1 hr from montreal, Canada
#18New Post! Oct 19, 2008 @ 17:14:50
Seriously, sincerely, i think we know that if Obama and his party is not elected, it will be hell, yet i dont know what American peoples will do when they will be confronted to the vote itself, we never know.

Sometimes peoples tend to vote for what they already know even if they dont like it.

So please American peoples this election are far more important then other's in the past, U.S. is not well, either on the war side, or foreign politic in general, U.S. is afraid to be without oil, and that was the reason of war in middle east, Health care system is crap, the government cannot even take care of the peoples in Natural Disasters,

And now on the top of everything else the Economy is very bad,

The dept, is unbelievably high, howing among other countrys money to China, U.S. borrow money from China to pay for Oil, that comes from Middle East,

it is written all over the place i saw it and read it on MSNBC TV and msnbc.com.

So please american friends and brothers, think hard before voting and please exercices your right to vote.

Krakatoa, From Canada.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#19New Post! Oct 19, 2008 @ 17:35:11
@not4sale Said

It's his destiny!

His destiny?? What gives you that impression? You can see into the future?
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#20New Post! Oct 19, 2008 @ 17:36:54
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I don't know about any links, but I'm certain that Obama's gonna have to have the beefiest security in Presidential history.

The number one reason is the fact that there is still HUGE Neo Nazi, and KKK groups all over America. Not like it used to be, but yeah... you think that they are just gonna sit back and let a black man lead. They will be very angry about it all. And that is sad, and makes me sick.

The next reason, Obama has a Kennedy like charisma to him. A Malcom X~esk type vision about equality, and a Lincoln type of compassion. Those are great things to have..... but not so great if you want to live and be a political figure head.

If that's true...then america is more f***ed up than I thought!! Obama will be the thing for this country.....
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#21New Post! Oct 19, 2008 @ 17:42:03
@Spinkiegirl Said

If that's true...then america is more f***ed up than I thought!! Obama will be the thing for this country.....

I agree. We need someone who can show tolerence and compassion!! And yes, America is more f***ed up than you thought. Really. One of the greatest Presidents of all time killed because he felt that a person shouldn't be a slave to anyone else. Another man killed because he wanted equality and peace to transend races.

Frankly, I believe that if Malcolm X wasn't assinated, he would have been the first black President. How great of a world would be living in now if that had happened....

*goes off into her perfect world*
MartianLeader On February 20, 2015
PazuzuPossessed

Exorcist Drive,
#22New Post! Oct 19, 2008 @ 18:08:55
I sure don't want Obama for president! He'll win anyway because are country is all f***ed up. No thanks current president Bush!!

View Image

Martian Leader
FiftyCal On January 05, 2009

Mobile, Alabama
#23New Post! Oct 19, 2008 @ 18:12:57
@Spinkiegirl Said

Oh yeah, prove it...post a link!!

This is the 4th attempt

The first one I saw

Of course, it could just be a gimmick for attention.
I know that when I want people's eyes on me, I send people to assassinate me, y'know. To look cool.
VoidStalker On March 10, 2010

detroit,
#24New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 04:04:16
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I agree. We need someone who can show tolerence and compassion!!
And you some how think that Obama is the right guy for the job?!?! <shakes head sadly>

@squirt_aka_casey Said
Frankly, I believe that if Malcolm X wasn't assinated, he would have been the first black President. How great of a world would be living in now if that had happened....

*goes off into her perfect world*
Why exactly would that have been a great thing? And how would the world be made perfect by the USA having a black president way back then?
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#25New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 21:18:30
@voidstalker Said

Why exactly would that have been a great thing? And how would the world be made perfect by the USA having a black president way back then?

Hrm.... a man who continually demanded that EVERY person have a chance to gain respect from his fellow man. Not just a man who is white in skin tone. Not just a MAN in general. EVERY PERSON!!! Don't you think for just a second, that someone who has great power at his disposal, and wants to bring the world to a level of respect that no one could deal with, even now, can you imagine what kind of world we could be living in.

Notice, of course, I'm saying a man.... and I'm sorry, I referenced Malcolm X..... I don't know where my head was..... I was refering to Martin Luther King Jr.

You can all hate me for..... well being an idiot. I am an a*****e for that. Although, I think that Malcolm X had great potential also.

Anyway, the point was, that if someone could truly show those qualites, and really feel for the general public, and all humanity, it doesn't matter to me if their skin is white, black, green, brown, yellow or purple..... it would be great.

Side note: I honestly do not believe that McCain is racist or intolerent in any way. I don't think that he shows the level of compassion for the public that I would like to see in a leader, although, he has a great compassion for our Military, and I like that about him. Actually, there aren't many others out there who can have the compassion that man has for our military.

My problem with McCain is, and always will be the fact that he protrayed himself as a middle ground republican to get the nomination, and now he's almost completely to the right. Maybe even further than Bush (minus McCain's support of Stem Cell reseach, which I agree with, but so does Obama....so... yeah).

My view is that I would rather have a middle ground republican in office right about now that a far left democrat, I am a democrat. Unfortunatly, with a far left house and senate, and a far right President, NOTHING, not even stuff that would be good for the country would happen. That and if we stay far right any longer we may never recover as a country, Japan is going to win the economic war, and eventually be the strong hold of the world. So long America!
VoidStalker On March 10, 2010

detroit,
#26New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 22:41:27
Heh heh, don't worry about it. I tried to read the book on Malcolm X way back, and I got as far as the first page, where he gives a description of almost drowning as a child and the water being all the world's snot and vomit and...

So then I put the book back on the shelf, and that was that.

My problem with all politicians is that they don't do their jobs. Sure they are smooth talkers, sure they tell us what we want to hear, but what do they actually accomplish? Michigan's economy is still at the bottom with no end in sight.

My problem with a black president is, what is he going to do to improve things for me? A rich kid mentality, or a 'reparations for slavery' mentality, or 'whitey has had it so good' mentality, isn't going to do anything for me. So with that in mind, what exactly do I gain by having a black guy as my nations leader?

Keep in mind that all the politicians are messing up the good ole USA, and things got this way with all white guys running things up to this point, how is having a black guy going to be an improvement for me. I just don't see it. Now if Obama had served in the US army as an enlisted infantryman, as I did, and if he had gotten disabled in the line of duty for the rest of his life at the ripe old age of 23, as I did, then I might be able to believe he could be better for me.

Barring such a background, any non-white guy running for office is going to have to have something to recommend him for my vote.

I have had many instances where I have been discriminated against, both for racial and non racial reasons, but as I have had far fewer black supervisors than white, the racial discrimination is far out of proportion.

I know that this issue must be at the top of peoples list when thinking about who to vote for (even if they don't talk openly about it). What do all of you feel?

I apologise if I have offended anyone with my views, but please understand that if I don't use these forums to discuss my actual feelings then there would be little point posting here.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#27New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 23:08:23
@voidstalker Said

Heh heh, don't worry about it. I tried to read the book on Malcolm X way back, and I got as far as the first page, where he gives a description of almost drowning as a child and the water being all the world's snot and vomit and...

So then I put the book back on the shelf, and that was that.

My problem with all politicians is that they don't do their jobs. Sure they are smooth talkers, sure they tell us what we want to hear, but what do they actually accomplish? Michigan's economy is still at the bottom with no end in sight.

My problem with a black president is, what is he going to do to improve things for me? A rich kid mentality, or a 'reparations for slavery' mentality, or 'whitey has had it so good' mentality, isn't going to do anything for me. So with that in mind, what exactly do I gain by having a black guy as my nations leader?

Keep in mind that all the politicians are messing up the good ole USA, and things got this way with all white guys running things up to this point, how is having a black guy going to be an improvement for me. I just don't see it. Now if Obama had served in the US army as an enlisted infantryman, as I did, and if he had gotten disabled in the line of duty for the rest of his life at the ripe old age of 23, as I did, then I might be able to believe he could be better for me.

Barring such a background, any non-white guy running for office is going to have to have something to recommend him for my vote.

I have had many instances where I have been discriminated against, both for racial and non racial reasons, but as I have had far fewer black supervisors than white, the racial discrimination is far out of proportion.

I know that this issue must be at the top of peoples list when thinking about who to vote for (even if they don't talk openly about it). What do all of you feel?

I apologise if I have offended anyone with my views, but please understand that if I don't use these forums to discuss my actual feelings then there would be little point posting here.

I guess I can see what your saying here. I have the same thought on McCain, what can some old white guy who has had finacal promise almost all of his life do for me? I may be white, but I've been living in poverty my whole life.

I hate the system that I live off of, because the more you work towards pulling yourself off of it and getting on your feet, the more you end up behind and in need of it.... although, I think that it's more of county by county state by state thing than a national one. The one that I can say about it, was that under Clinton, I was almost off of it, and doing well for myself. Then Bush came, and I would be better off not working and getting my cash handed to me every month like all the deadbeat mother who refuse to work and send their kids off to Head Start every day do. I hate it!! If your on Medicaid, you should have to pay into the system like everybody else.

Of course this is off topic. I like Obama, bc his health care design is close to one I would use if I were in his shoes. I don't like McCain's plan bc I don't understand how it would really benefit anyone. I dunno.....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs