Society & Lifestyles

Common Courtesy and Common sense

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#1New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 03:18:32
What the hell ever happened to these to common things? I don't know what the hell has happened to our society but I have been noticing a lot here lately that people just do not exibit common courtesy to their fellow human beings . People also have just started acting on things without thinking where is their common sense?

I was taught when I was very young (probaly before I can ever remember) that you should show common courtesy to those people around you . It makes no difference if you've known them your entire life or if they are a total stranger. It just irks the hell out of me to witness rude and inconsiderate behavior from people. I have noticed a lot here lately that people get caught up in their interest and don't take the time to show commom courtesy to the others who are around them.

Common sense is another thing that people just seem to leave at home these days or they don't have it to begin with. I read about scams all the time and I have to ask myself WTF were they thinking? Where was their common since.

I guess I'm just rambling but it really gets on my nerves that some poeple think they are holier than thou and others don't have sense enough to get out of the rain.
honorbound On June 18, 2009

McDonough, Georgia
#2New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 03:21:51
unfortunately most people have lost touch with both common sense and courtesy.
it is truly sad
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#3New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 04:20:28
it's the "me" generation..being in the medical field, i see how parents are rearing their children in ways that are totally different from when i was coming up..

1) Respect your elders.
2) Speak when spoken too.
3) Ladies first.
4) Work hard to earn your keep/allowance
5) Don't raise your voice in public..
6) End of Discussion
7) You act up one more time out here in public, i will open
up a can of whup ass!
8) address folks you don't know with: "Ma'am or Sir"

These are just a few of the things i was taught..all that i see now is:

1) There's nothing too good for my baby
2) My child won't have to work like a slave like i did
3) My kid gets an allowance ..for nothing...
4) My child get "time outs"
5) And the child gets to slap the sh**t out of the
parents..
6) My child needs to express his/herself openly..

Well, there you have it.. This is known as Indulgent, doting parents...and of course, these parents set the example as well.. which from what i've seen is just plain awful..trying to be the exact opposite of their more disciplined or less priviledged parents..

....Then of course, there's the media, and an assortment of other influences of today's "Me" generation..The kid can't raise themselves..so they get this from someone..
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#4New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 04:22:53
I agree...
it's not fun to witness the changes that have taken place on TFS in almost a year and a half that I've been here...

I miss so much how it was back then..
pq On December 03, 2011

Deleted

Gainesville, Florida
#5New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 06:46:08
I agree. And all I can think about such people is that their parents are probably sitting somewhere wondering what television show or movie or video game made them behave that way. Hello. It's your fault. You created it. Don't get upset now... 18 years down the road... that you don't want to socialize with your monster because of it's extreme case of self-centeredness and selfishness.

When I was a kid, I thought the kids who got to do whatever they wanted were soooo cool. Now as an adult, I feel sorry for them because they have never really grown up. Because mommy and daddy coddled them and catered to their every whim, they will continue to be forever taken care of by mommy and daddy. The same people that at one time they swore would be left in the dust the moment they got old enough to leave the house.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 07:38:51
From "The notebooks of Lazarus Long".

Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness provide lubrication where people rub together. Often the very young, the untraveled, the naive, the unsophisticated deplore these formalities as "empty," "meaningless," or "dishonest," and scorn to use them. No matter how "pure" their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not work too well at best.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 09:49:43
It works two ways, as long as rudeness is tolerated and not corrected it will stick around.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#8New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 12:01:32
@loveis Said

I agree...
it's not fun to witness the changes that have taken place on TFS in almost a year and a half that I've been here...

I miss so much how it was back then..

I understand however I was talking about real life actually ,just to keep anyone from asking if I was talking about them.
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#9New Post! Oct 17, 2008 @ 04:14:41
i agree treebee..when rudeness is tolerated, and no one does anything (apparently, the parents won't), then yes, folks will go on doing whatever they wish..

I was ready to ultrasound a 12 y/o girl..i call their name, she gets up tells her mother to "c'mon!" the mother follows obediently..The girl barrels past me with an IPOD on..and the mother smiles sheepishly walking behind her..

I didn't know who i wanted to slap first!

I stopped the 12 y/o, in a firm but authoritative voice.. asked her to put away her device and we will start the exam..she looked at her mother as if to argue..took one quick look at me, put away her device and followed instruction..

The mother thanked me later, stating her daughter doesn't listen to her..well maybe it's because MOM gave her the IPOD...without giving her daughter "listening" instructions beforehand....you know, like..turn the damn thing off when you're with your mother..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs