McCain's "concern" about Bill Ayers

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
SaraMcName On November 03, 2008

Deleted

Orange,
#16New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 11:06:58
The United States has survived many leftest presidents. If the nation can survived Roosevelt and Johnson, then the nation can survive Obama, even if Bill Ayers is his ghostwriter.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#17New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 11:08:51
i don't get where this concern over ayers comes from
i've heard of nothing to make me think theres any kind of strong connection between them.

Deleted

Orange,
#18New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 11:16:07
@alexkidd Said

i don't get where this concern over ayers comes from
i've heard of nothing to make me think theres any kind of strong connection between them.

Hear less. Read more. For example read the link in posting #10. Or read their books, if you can get past the profanity, you will see the similarity.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 11:23:31
@SaraMcName Said

Barak Obama and Bill Ayers have a very similar writing style. Or they do if one reads the information in posting #10. In the website mentioned in posting #10, Jack Cashill answers some of the criticism in posting #11. That suggests to me that the author of posting #11 has not actually read Cashill's argument.

A similar style does not make it the same. My handwriting is similar to my sister's. Does this mean I write her essays for her? Of course not. The only known, provable connection between Obama and Ayers is that they lived near each other when Obama was a boy. Anything else is thrown out there to cloud the issue.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#20New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 11:29:23
@SaraMcName Said

Hear less. Read more. For example read the link in posting #10. Or read their books, if you can get past the profanity, you will see the similarity.

that isn't evidence,
its assumptions, and not even concise ones,

Deleted

Orange,
#21New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 11:36:36
@crazychica Said

A similar style does not make it the same. My handwriting is similar to my sister's. Does this mean I write her essays for her? Of course not. The only known, provable connection between Obama and Ayers is that they lived near each other when Obama was a boy. Anything else is thrown out there to cloud the issue.

Could be that you are correct. Maybe they just write with similar metaphors, line length, etc. In the absence of a denial, the issue will continue just like the rumors about John Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Oct 20, 2008 @ 11:39:53
@SaraMcName Said

Could be that you are correct. Maybe they just write with similar metaphors, line length, etc. In the absence of a denial, the issue will continue just like the rumors about John Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.

Except he has denied a relationship with Ayers. The McCain campaign is simply continuing the mud-slinging but constantly mentioning "links" between Obama and Ayers. I know that Hilary started it but did she have call-bots calling people to advertise this "link" with no evidence for it. In Scots law, it takes at least 2 pieces of corroborating evidence to convict someone. Without those two pieces of evidence I'm going with a Not Proven verdict if not Not Guilty.

Deleted

Orange,
#23New Post! Oct 24, 2008 @ 21:31:49
My sister sent me an email today after reading the second page of this thread. She wanted to remind me that down home, we figure carpetbaggers should have a dog in the hunt.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#24New Post! Oct 24, 2008 @ 21:43:52
@SaraMcName Said

My sister sent me an email today after reading the second page of this thread. She wanted to remind me that down home, we figure carpetbaggers should have a dog in the hunt.

Is McCain a carpetbagger since he was born in Panama?

Deleted

Orange,
#25New Post! Oct 25, 2008 @ 01:17:38
I had not expected that the carpetbaggers would recognize themselves. However, one of McCain's opponents in his first run for office accused McCain of being a carpetbagger. When McCain rose to answer the charge, he said that indeed he was not from Arizona, but neither was he from anywhere else. Because of his father's career, he never lived anywhere very long, except for Hanoi. At that time, he had lived in Hanoi longer than anywhere else. With that in mind he was a Hanoish carpetbagger.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs