Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Do you too?
Yes!
No!
View Results
ybom On June 04, 2010

#1New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 04:32:56
This is an open statement to everyone here. I refuse to vote for someone simply because they are a Republican or Democrat. This also means I won't necessarily vote for either of the "main" candidates in the election because of the "two party system".

What's a Red State Republican? It's a person who always votes (R), even if Hitler himself ran for office.

What's a Yellow Dog Democrat? It's a person who always votes (D), even if a yellow dog ran for office.
chaski On about 8 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 04:43:53
I think the biggest problems with this country are:

The Republicans

The Democrates

The Media

Corporate Executives (primarily of financial institutions, who apparrently have little or no integrity)

And senior managers of our Executive Branch...otherwise known as the Bureaucracy.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 06:46:05
Trust me, you get that everywhere that there's an election. Like here in the UK, you get people who always vote Tory, no matter what or people who always vote Labour, just because it's what they've always done. People are creatures of habit and, for some, voting has, unfortunately, become a habit.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#4New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 07:33:35
@ybom Said

This is an open statement to everyone here. I refuse to vote for someone simply because they are a Republican or Democrat. This also means I won't necessarily vote for either of the "main" candidates in the election because of the "two party system".

What's a Red State Republican? It's a person who always votes (R), even if Hitler himself ran for office.

What's a Yellow Dog Democrat? It's a person who always votes (D), even if a yellow dog ran for office.

I'am voting for Obama but not a democrat or republican.....and I don't why we have colored states!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#5New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 07:34:28
@chaski Said

I think the biggest problems with this country are:

The Republicans

The Democrates

The Media

Corporate Executives (primarily of financial institutions, who apparrently have little or no integrity)

And senior managers of our Executive Branch...otherwise known as the Bureaucracy.

You have great point my friend!
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#6New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 20:00:05
@Spinkiegirl Said

I don't why we colored states...

They treat it like it's a high school football game and we are teenagers at a pep-rally. Yay my team! Boo your team!

They treat us like morons who can't think for ourselves.
The first decision I made when it came to voting was not to join a party.

Now you have all these sheep following their leader like they are at a Hitler rally. All you have to do is say "the American People!" at the end of a sentence and they all stand up and applaude. Sickening.

It's not funny. It's not a pep-rally. OUR futures are at stake. Our CHILDRENS' futures are at stake.

And any moron who stands up and applauds because someone ends a sentence with "the American People!!!!" is a zombie.

Forget the teams. This is bulls*** too. See thru it.

No red. No blue. No yellow. I support reality.
RobbyF On November 11, 2016

Silver Spring, Maryland
#7New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 20:40:45
Yeah I HATE being categorized! I hate being an unwilling statistic, and I hate how grown men and women will act like first graders not getting their way. I agree with democrats on some things and republicans on some. I have NEVER found someone I fully agree with.

Chicago, Illinois
#8New Post! Oct 11, 2008 @ 01:20:48
@RobbyF Said

Yeah I HATE being categorized! I hate being an unwilling statistic, and I hate how grown men and women will act like first graders not getting their way. I agree with democrats on some things and republicans on some. I have NEVER found someone I fully agree with.

You and me both....like when they say "the black vote"....it makes wanna not be an american anymore...i'am a female and i'am Christian that should be go enough...
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#9New Post! Oct 11, 2008 @ 01:53:28
@Spinkiegirl Said

You and me both....like when they say "the black vote"....it makes wanna not be an american anymore...i'am a female and i'am Christian that should be go enough...

That works for me, girl!
ybom On June 04, 2010

#10New Post! Oct 11, 2008 @ 06:18:26
Who says "the black vote"?! I won't call them racist only if they declare themselves un-American.
windstorm On June 28, 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
#11New Post! Oct 11, 2008 @ 06:20:52
@ybom Said

Then I guess you are an independent? That's the only other party that I could think of.

Chicago, Illinois
#12New Post! Oct 11, 2008 @ 08:06:33
@ybom Said

Who says "the black vote"?! I won't call them racist only if they declare themselves un-American.

IMO it is in a way racist, because i've been told that our country labels people when they are describing voters by which type of you are.....example: if you are white in this country...and you are let's say of middle-class income and you vote.....and you are hard working....you would labeled 'white working class voter' now let's say you are a black person who votes and you are middle-class and you work hard...in this country they tend to stick you with every other type of black voter and say for the entire class of blacks who they call us the 'black vote'.....nothing said about us being a working class folks.....just simply the 'black vote'....sorry I don't find ANY equality in that.....and I find it demeaning in so MANY ways!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs