Rants & Raves

If the stores where you live offer "Perks" cards, how do you feel abou

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jazzsinger On October 15, 2008

Deleted

Phila. suburbs, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 19:47:28
Lately, my wallet is full of these cards that get you money off if you use a certain store. Frankly, I'd like to see coupons and perk cards disappear and prices drop. Yesterday, I was all set to use a "perks" card in a store I frequent. The thing was $25 and I bought it in a moment of weakness. They never sent the card, but honored it in the computer anyway. I was all set to check out when they said,"You don't have a perks card." The lady looked up my history and basically called me a liar. She sold me the card. Well, I put the clothes, threw the clothes on the counter, said,"You'll never see me again." and walked out. They didn't seem to give a damn, and shrugged their shoulders. This is more of a complaint than a rant, isn't the economy too lousy to not care about customers.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#2New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 19:50:09
The cashier really *doesn't* give a damn, but if you'd asked to see the manager *they* probably would have.
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#3New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 19:53:09
Ya living up north like I do they are useless to me I shop out of town maybe 3 times a year or so.
And also it reminds me of mail in rebates they never honor them when I send them out.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 19:56:47
its a pity you didnt ask to speak to someone more senior than just a cashier. i bet they would have honoured your card. i think stores that treat their customers like s*** deserve to go out of business. how can anyone afford to turn away business when the global economy is in such a state????
marstalas On October 26, 2010

Outside Space,
#5New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 20:03:21
@Lili Said
The cashier really *doesn't* give a damn, but if you'd asked to see the manager *they* probably would have.

Its true. The cashier knows as long as he/she is getting his/her paycheck the rest doesn't really matter. Management usually will care more, but sometimes they don't.

We went to a store once, and we were all dressed up kinda gothy/punky (for a family party, long story) and the whole time we were checking out the lady was glaring at us. It was getting slightly annoying, but we really didn't mind, we were just having fun that day.

Well she was so busy giving us dirty looks that she rang my cousin's $10 check as $100 check! Well it was the week before pay day, so she didn't have $100 in her bank account. So we are telling her she needs to fix it, and she calls management over and the lady, and she says that there is nothing they can do. We have to wait until tomorrow (bank holiday) to go to a bank and deposit the cash they had given us for the difference. My cousin tries to explain that she can't do that because she doesn't have the money in her account. The manager looks at her and says "Well you really shouldn't float checks anyway."

My cousin went off on her. Telling her that she had 10 but 100, like her cashier had rung up. The lady then told us to leave. We haven't been back there
krazybones On November 22, 2008

Deleted

Cemetery Hills, United States
#6New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 21:08:28
@Lili Said

So true. They're there to collect a pay check and don't give a damm about anything else. Same way with utility workers, phone people.
Its the managers and supervisors you need to be talking to to get your point across.

Deleted

#7New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 22:44:30
I would have caused a stink with upper management, but she was the manager and she knows me. She lost one of her best customers. I've never given her a minute's trouble and she's the one who sold me the card. Claimed amnesia.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#8New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 22:49:57
That pisses me off
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#9New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 22:51:33
I got a 25 dollar gas card when I spent 100 dollars at Shoppers Drug Mart last month.
I thought it rocked.
moonlighthopes On May 30, 2015

, Canada
#10New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 22:56:10
@perliaa Said
Ya living up north like I do they are useless to me I shop out of town maybe 3 times a year or so.
And also it reminds me of mail in rebates they never honor them when I send them out.

They do here, atleast for one place I know of, it just takes forever, and when you get it you feel rich You don't even remember what you bought to get it.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#11New Post! Oct 07, 2008 @ 04:26:27
Tell me about it. You've heard of road rage? Well I get shopping rage, that's how bad it's getting which reverts back to people being indifferent to others. It's become a cold world to be human in...

Deleted

#12New Post! Oct 07, 2008 @ 20:21:10
I approached the woman who treated me so poorly, she shrugged her shoulders. This is not the only store in town, I'm writing their corporate office.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs