The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
US Elections

Why do people pay so much attention to the 'casters?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ybom On June 04, 2010

#1New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 07:29:04
I noticed a lot of people are getting pretty hotheaded over what certain newsgroups say and do. I wrote an article addressing just that, last week, but there's no need to repost the link here. You can find it with a quick google search for this topic title if you're really that interested.

But I wanted to make this post because I wanted a chance to open one person's eyes. That's all. I hope that person posts here.

The reason why people pay attention to the news is because they can't stop. And actually half of what they say makes sense anyways. If you realized every second of the day that the person you were watching was getting paid to say what they said, would you be as inclined to watch them? What about if a corrupted company, say Haliburton or an Enron clone, was paying them even part of their salary?

We don't realize it and even if you or I do, most of America won't. Whoever's watching it daily definitely won't. I don't like the fact that people, such as my own father, want to shove some radio face down my throat. In light of the recent Wikipedia scandal, just thinking about it makes it that much worse to me. Not paranoid, just frustrated is all.
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#2New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:49:05
How do you know that the same corrupt people at the top of the Pyramid of Haliburton or Enron - isn't the same corrupt people at the top of the media pyramid?

Just think of that Pyramid on the back of the one-dollar bill. Those guys in that top section with the eye -- run everything, including the media.

What do you think that pyramid is there for? It represents a system of government where only a very small few rule all the people. We are the stones at the base of the pyramid.

Thank God for the Internet. At least now the people have a voice, and we can share our info and knowledge without having to be totally reliant on the media as it used to be.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs